Help !!!! I need reference pics on Renault RE30 1981

Ask away....

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo
Switzerland

Post by BMW »

Im confused, so does the Tamiya kit include the early "U" shaped rear wing, or the never, more traditional one ?
Currently building:
Alfa Romeo 159 (since 2021)
Ferrari F1-75 (since 2024)
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Im confused, so does the Tamiya kit include the early "U" shaped rear wing,
:oops: sure I meant the Tamiya kit of the RE20!!!

roly01
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by roly01 »

JamesB wrote:OK, let's go! :)
Jacques will be delighted when he re opens the thread...
Well, this wing has not great mistery: it's exactly as the one on the RE20. So the Tamiya manual or whatever can be a good guide, since the ACE parts will somehow match the thing.
I supose you have to bond the four -so I think- WM parts of U shaped wing support/endplates and fit a pair of PE bits in the middle...
Anyway as I say it's very much RE20. In UK GP they changed to a different layout: wing as on the RE30, suports similar to JS11, Lotus81....
Here go the pics. one is from Spanish GP from Jarama, and wing is from a RE20 -quoted 26 though, they were mixing type and chassis number then- but a RE30 unit lays close and it's the same. The other pi is from French GP... shame the attachment point is not seen, but it has no logic that they might carryover a rear wing and develope a different attach system... for just 2 GP
James,

Very interesting pics.
Any more of the RE30, in general aswel?
And yes the rearwing will probebly be fixed teh same way as on the 1/12 RE20 of Tamiya.

Have the whitematel parts of the ace kit and it all lokks very similar to the 1/12 Tamiya RE20.
I want to combine the ACE parts with the 1/20 Tamiya RE30b to make it a full engine detail and detachable cowl version.
Probebley the French GP but might be a later version, sitll haven't made my mind up.

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

JamesB wrote:Derek, got my email? ;-)
James, I sent email and PM. Send me the perscription, I'll see what I can do.

Icon Modeler
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports