1/20 Ferrari 126CK Spanish Grand Prix

For all F1 scale model news...

roly01
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Re: Re:

Post by roly01 »

BMW wrote: Ahh yes, but on the 126C2, they were semi transparent fiberglass, so what you do, is you replace the two, and, voila, both models are perfect :)

Of course, naturally that means that everybody who bought a C2, have to buy a CK now. Like me.
A bit strange they did it this way on these kits, just the wrong way around.
Would have beeen to good, I thought about it too.
I have both kits already but the brake ducts cann't be replaced unfortually, diffirent attachment methods.
To bad.

And I just thought of it the fronts are really diffirent.

smirkoff
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Re: 1/20 Ferrari 126CK Spanish Grand Prix

Post by smirkoff »

Received my kit this weekend, and looking at the construction steps and the disposition of the plastic trees, I think Fujimi left open the chance to do the late season car. There's a space in the "A" tree for another front part, the front wing is in a isolated tree, there's a space left open at the tree with the front under part, which cleverly is a separated build from the chassis.

Even with the radiators problem, the kit in general is a great improvement over the C2 so they are really doing it the right way. The clear brake scoops are a signal that Fujimi's designers had a look at the C2 transkits, even that those parts don't need to be clear for this car.

The Hiro's and S27's extra parts for this kit could be a lot less expensive, except if they come with a Comprex version transkit or a 1980 126C prototype...