Ask away....

Topic author
Maysula
Backmarker
Backmarker

Handbrake Porsche 935

Post by Maysula »

Hi
I have a question regarding the handbrake on Tamiyas Porsche 935 in 1/12. there is a single wire that goes from it to the rear of the car and that seems logical. But on most refs that I have there are mostly 2 wires that goes forward and disapers somewere under the front hood I belive. My kit is without the photoetch and no other detailkit. So I will use the kits handbrake. Glad for any help to understand how the wire should be routed :-)

Thomas

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Re: Handbrake Porsche 935

Post by daniel »

Are you talking about the green lines ? I guess they are not an the "Tamiya Kit" but on the 935 Baby only. I don't think it's the handbrake but maybe something to adjust the brake...just a wild guess :)

This here would be the Tamiya Car

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details

Topic author
Maysula
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by Maysula »

I belive you are right, can be kind of an early brakebalance thing, on your second picture it´s adjusted with the little "wheel". Thanks :-)

toki71
F3
F3

Post by toki71 »

the "wheel" is also known as the "joy ride" and adjusts the boost pressure of the turbo.

-Felix-
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Felix
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark
Germany

Post by -Felix- »

daniel wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:18 am Image

Are you talking about the green lines ? I guess they are not an the "Tamiya Kit" but on the 935 Baby only. I don't think it's the handbrake but maybe something to adjust the brake...just a wild guess :)
That should be the adjuster for the Front Anti Roll Bar Stiffness :)

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Yes, That is not a hand brake it is a lever to adjust the Anti Roll Bar. The 935 had many different Anti Roll Bar setups on it. In the Tamiya kit the adjustment was on the rear anti roll bar and it was only of one side of the roll bar. If memory serves, the roll bar depicted in the Tamiya kit has a blade on one side and a fixed arm on the other side of the roll bar. The cable should go from the lever in the cockpit to the blade side on the roll bar. The cable is set up so that it rotates the blade on the end of the roll bar as the blade is vertical it is at it stiffest position. If the blade is flat it is set to the soft position. Hope that helps
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports