experience with final assemblies 1/12 Tyrrell P34

Ask away....

Topic author
amerikalei
F3
F3
Your Name: Fred
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: John Surtees. Chris Amon. McLaren in the original papaya, although I do like Lando Norris in today's field.
United States of America

experience with final assemblies 1/12 Tyrrell P34

Post by amerikalei »

After decades I'm finally building this Tamiya kit and really enjoying it. FWIW it's been educational to actually assemble a car from this era of rearward weight distribution. It is also striking how little protection the driver had with the lowline tub.

I'm getting to the final steps for mounting radiators, fixing hoses, etc. Instructions seem fairly clear but routing the hoses and getting them to stay connected has been challenging. Wondering if others who've done this build before have any tips or suggestions. Thanks.

woodgp
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: j.wood
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: williams
Canada

Re: experience with final assemblies 1/12 Tyrrell P34

Post by woodgp »

hi... top studio Wire ties TD23075 Part number , type that into eBay ,and they should show up ...exactly what you need , they make different ones also , bigger etc ...the P34 was never very tidy with there wiring as they changed things all the time back then body work etc rad mounting and placement so there were hoses and wiring everywhere ..lol!

woodgp
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: j.wood
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: williams
Canada

Post by woodgp »

oh ya ..I buy from Hobby easy out of Hong Kong , great guy and member here , also BNA modeller out of AUS is really great , shipping is very cheap and fast... I even buy from BNA on eBay as they don't sell for inflated prices ,give good price and protected by eBay, they are under( a- modeler) on eBay

Topic author
amerikalei
F3
F3
Your Name: Fred
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: John Surtees. Chris Amon. McLaren in the original papaya, although I do like Lando Norris in today's field.
United States of America

Post by amerikalei »

Thank you for the tip!