Which is more likely to happen at the 2023 Las Vegas Grand Prix?

Which is more likely to happen at the 2023 Las Vegas Grand Prix?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:51 am

Lawrence Stroll loses the Aston Martin F1 Team in a Texas Hold'em Contest.
4%
Carlos is abducted by aliens from Area 51.
6%
Wile E Coyote tries to drop Sergio's car on the Road Runner. And misses.
6%
Penn and Teller make Charles disappear then can't find him.
4%
Lando marries a Vegas showgirl in the Elvis Wedding Chapel.
25%
Lewis goes on tour with U2.
4%
Lance makes a wrong turn and ends up in Albuquerque.
9%
Oscar is hypnotized by the giant Eye.
No votes
Fernando stars in Ocean's 14.
15%
Max does not win the race.
28%

Total votes: 53

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Me
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: My wife. Just kidding!
United States of America

Re: Which is more likely to happen at the 2023 Las Vegas Grand Prix?

Post by SeanMAIN »

**** happens

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

Doesn't say if Button was penalized grid positions for something out of his control. Otherwise: touche😀

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

All in good fun, Bossy122. Give the Brawn GP doc a watch if you haven’t. It’s really good.

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

stubeck wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:05 am Their hubris lost out on a lot of people.
Their hubris caused a lot of people to book travel to overseas races - Dubai for example - for FAR less than what they were asking for Las Vegas tickets. The fees they demanded from hotels were ridiculous and what they tried to get from restaurants and bars was obscene. Typical city race - not a thought given to the people who live and work there or to the businesses who depend on normal traffic for their survival. A good article on Jalopnik only scratches the surface on that front.
PS: don't get me started on the start time that doesn't do a thing for the US audience OR the fact that they appear to have completely forgotten how cold it gets in that town when the sun goes down at this time of year. Idiots.

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

Yep to all of that, but I am enjoying the hell out of it. I’m trying to be objective, but I love Vegas and the time of day doesn't matter. They will change the date.

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

I read an article where someone from LV marketing ( or whatever that is called ) explained, that the weekend before Thanksgiving is always their slowest and that it's a great spot for F1 to bring in new/extra guests, so maybe not!?

jmpsebring
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by jmpsebring »

It was fun following the 4 Vegas Youtube bloggers, walking around the strip. They gave you a far better feel for the place than the TV race events. Same thing at LeMans last year. YouTuber's walked the fence and the paddock area, showing areas you never see during the race.

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

jaykay wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:40 am I read an article where someone from LV marketing ( or whatever that is called ) explained, that the weekend before Thanksgiving is always their slowest and that it's a great spot for F1 to bring in new/extra guests, so maybe not!?
I thought the race was fantastic, however it could have been better with warmer weather. Not just for the racers, but for the fans who spend the money. 6-8 weeks earlier and nobody complains about the weather. I think they have also learned their lesson on ticket pricing. Or at least I hope so.

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

The race was better than I expected but still unbelievably predictable. There was no question that Max was still going to win when he was down in the bottom half of the top 10. If F1 took 10% of the effort they put into the glitz and put that effort into the on-track product, they wouldn't need the glitz of Vegas to mask their lousy-on-track product. I will say the layout worked great... errant covers notwithstanding. That said - I really hope everyone that was there utilize the chargeback feature on their credit card for the cost of Thursday admission. Totally inexcusable for F1 not to refund everyone who was there that night - Max was right, the fans should have torn the place down for that middle finger to the fans.

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

indycals wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:40 pm The race was better than I expected but still unbelievably predictable. There was no question that Max was still going to win when he was down in the bottom half of the top 10. If F1 took 10% of the effort they put into the glitz and put that effort into the on-track product, they wouldn't need the glitz of Vegas to mask their lousy-on-track product. I will say the layout worked great... errant covers notwithstanding. That said - I really hope everyone that was there utilize the chargeback feature on their credit card for the cost of Thursday admission. Totally inexcusable for F1 not to refund everyone who was there that night - Max was right, the fans should have torn the place down for that middle finger to the fans.
I’d say the line between clever and stupid is pretty thin. F1 doesn’t design and build the cars, the teams do. Others build the motors. There is a rule book and you build what you can afford. Every sport sort of runs in that fashion. The race starts long before the cars hit the track, or they should all go spec car. They can always start to add weight to the winners, but that would be fake. It’s an engineering race and Red Bull nailed it again. As much as I would rather see 5-6-7 different winners, you have to admire their excellence. I’m not a Max fan, but damn, he can race. So to me, the product is the tip of the spear, boring as it can be.