ZP resin & metal etching prime alternative

Ask away....

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Re: ZP resin & metal etching prime alternative

Post by Noddy »

stubeck wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:03 pm I would recommend waiting until Hobbyworld USA has fixed the certificate issue on their website before ordering from them. Credit card information would be sent unencrypted which isn't great. Hopefully this is fixed shortly.
Yes I actually meant to mention that - I've no idea who their hosting company is but not impressed with the loading speed. The owner of hobbyworld is a one-man band and I know he had terrible trouble with the previous site a few years back and it never did seem to be put right after that.

M.Chriss
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Michael
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by M.Chriss »

Upscale Hobbies has Zero Paints in the USA.

https://upscalehobbies.com/133-zero-paints
Michael Chriss

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

M.Chriss wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:53 pm Upscale Hobbies has Zero Paints in the USA.

No they don't. Stop. Lol. They do claim to be a ZP retailer but everything on their site says "coming soon" and they are not listed as a dealer by Zero Paints themselves. I can't actually tell you how much they have in stock because their site is terrible for trying to search only "in stock" items but I can say with certainty that the current inventory shows that they have only 1 bottle of most of what is in stock and the bulk of the ZP range either says "pre-order" or "sold out".
Last edited by Noddy on Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

Noddy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:28 pm
stubeck wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:03 pm I would recommend waiting until Hobbyworld USA has fixed the certificate issue on their website before ordering from them. Credit card information would be sent unencrypted which isn't great. Hopefully this is fixed shortly.
Yes I actually meant to mention that - I've no idea who their hosting company is but not impressed with the loading speed. The owner of hobbyworld is a one-man band and I know he had terrible trouble with the previous site a few years back and it never did seem to be put right after that.

Just to be technically accurate - most web sites use an e-commerce platform and don't actually handle any of the credit card information themselves. They certainly don't store it because it never really passes through their hands. Which is not to say that the merchant site itself should not be employing SSL.

I am told by a friend who knows them that SSL for hobbyworld is a few days away.

Topic author
danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by danibear »

Glad to hear this!

blakebirk
Backmarker
Backmarker
Your Name: Dan
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari fan
United States of America

Post by blakebirk »

I have ordered Zero Paints from Paul Meadows at paintsmodelsandmore.com he is in Canada which works pretty well for the US. He doesn't have a decent website yet but you can get a hold of him at pmminfo@shaw.ca

M.Chriss
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Michael
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by M.Chriss »

Noddy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:39 pm
M.Chriss wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:53 pm Upscale Hobbies has Zero Paints in the USA.

No they don't. Stop. Lol. They do claim to be a ZP retailer but everything on their site says "coming soon" and they are not listed as a dealer by Zero Paints themselves. I can't actually tell you how much they have in stock because their site is terrible for trying to search only "in stock" items but I can say with certainty that the current inventory shows that they have only 1 bottle of most of what is in stock and the bulk of the ZP range either says "pre-order" or "sold out".
I have ordered Zero Paints from Upscale and received them in reasonable time. Someday I will learn to not post on this site.
Michael Chriss

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

M.Chriss wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:26 am I have ordered Zero Paints from Upscale and received them in reasonable time. Someday I will learn to not post on this site.
Don't be so sensitive. You may have ordered them in the past but that has no bearing on their current status or stock level - which is abysmal. Also, bottom line, they are NOT listed as a dealer by Zero Paints which I think tells me all that I need to know.

On a personal note, what annoys me about Upscale is that if you google something it always shows up as being "in stock" at Upscale until you go to the actual site where you find out it is either a pre-order or on back order or a special order that they have no intention of stocking but it is never actually in stock the way the search results would have you think. Also they are a great site for promising that they are about to start stocking a particular brand but then it's 6 months or more before that actually happens if indeed it ever does. I get it, it is a very tough business but over-promising and under-delivering isn't the way to win over customers.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Noddy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:43 pm
Noddy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:28 pm

Just to be technically accurate - most web sites use an e-commerce platform and don't actually handle any of the credit card information themselves. They certainly don't store it because it never really passes through their hands. Which is not to say that the merchant site itself should not be employing SSL.

I am told by a friend who knows them that SSL for hobbyworld is a few days away.
I am being technically accurate though. The form is unsecured, so the data being input is being sent to a processor without encryption. Its a PCI compliance issue either way if its stored or not. This isn't a separate platform where the CC is handled by a servicer though either, which is a bit concerning moving forward. Hopefully they get the cert quickly and also accept third party providers like PayPal.

Topic author
danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by danibear »

Do I need to concern if I used my AMEX credit card directly on HobbyWordUSA website?

Do I need to replace/update my AMEX card with a new #?