Spectator
Spectator
Your Name: Dave
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Shadow
Australia

Penske paint colors

Post by Oz Dave »

Hi All,

Just wondering can anybody give me some advice on the correct blue to use for Penske racing - in particular the Peterson March 761. I’be tried most of Steph Tamiya blues but they all seem a bit wrong although it’s hard to tell from the inconsistent imagery ons the net photos. Does Hobby Boss better suit? Im not an airbrush guy so hoping I can get some tips/opinions just using spray can colour options. Cheers. Oz Dave

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Re: Penske paint colors

Post by Orso »

I think there is some confusion here. Peterson had a couple of different paint schemes on his March but he never drove for Penske. I think that Penske had a March 751 only in 1975.

Peterson, March and blue got me to think of two of the March 761. First the blue and yellow then the red, white and blue First National scheme.
The first one look darker, close to his helmet on pictures while the second lighter/paler. Reminds me more of the French blue.

Topic author
Oz Dave
Spectator
Spectator
Your Name: Dave
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Shadow
Australia

Post by Oz Dave »

Thanks Orso you’re right. I’m confusing myself.

It’s actually the First National “blue” I am looking for. In saying that it would good to know the official Penske blue in a spray can as well as I have a PC4 that I have to do as well.

Oz Dave

ronnie1972
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by ronnie1972 »

Agreed, Penske only campaigned a March in F1 in 1975. Mark Donohue was lured out of retirement to drive it, and sadly lost his life at Osterreichring. For 1976 Penske built his own F1 car, the Geoff Ferris designed Penske PC4, and John Watson drove it to victory at, of all places, the Osterreichring. The PC4 became the basis for the highly successful PC6, and PC7 Indycars, also designed by Ferris.