Lancia Stratos 1979 J Bagration – Hasegawa (1/24)

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Re: Lancia Stratos 1979 J Bagration – Hasegawa (1/24)

Post by f1m »

It is a browser thing... the images are hosted on a non secure website ( i.e. http:// ) and F1M is secure ( i.e. https:// ) - some browsers (*cough* Chrome) will not display insecure content on a page which is itself secure.

Unfortunately I can't really do anything about that.

E
Joaquin wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:59 am I can't see the pictures

Seema
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Martin Seelos
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, Williams, Toleman, Mclaren.
Austria

Post by Seema »

I follow you on your blog because I can't see the pictures here on my phone. I left you a comment. This will be a great build, same as the previous one.
Seema

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Tyrrell
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Seema wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:45 pm I follow you on your blog because I can't see the pictures here on my phone. I left you a comment. This will be a great build, same as the previous one.
Already answered in the blog. I know now who you are!! :wink:

Seema
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Martin Seelos
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, Williams, Toleman, Mclaren.
Austria

Post by Seema »

JesusM wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:52 pm
Seema wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:45 pm I follow you on your blog because I can't see the pictures here on my phone. I left you a comment. This will be a great build, same as the previous one.
Yes, we are in contact on FB. Tried to check your message on your blog, but nothing shows up. I'm logged in, but always get an error message. Try again tomorrow.
Seema

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Seema wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:52 pm
JesusM wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:52 pm
Yes, we are in contact on FB. Tried to check your message on your blog, but nothing shows up. I'm logged in, but always get an error message. Try again tomorrow.
Hi...already checked (I had to approve my own commnets! :lol: :lol: ).

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

En esta entrada, empezamos a quitar el color negro de las piezas con imprimación y colores. Y lo primero es la carrocería, que le damos para empezar, una capa de imprimación blanca de Tamiya a spray:

In this entry, we start to remove the black colour of the parts with primer and colours. And the first task is the bodywork, which we start with a coat of white Tamiya spray primer:

Otras tomas realizadas poniendo la carrocería en un soporte. Quiero decir que el color negro de la carrocería se cubrió perfectamente con el blanco de la imprimación.

Other shots were taken by placing the bodywork on a stand. I want to say that the black colour of the bodywork was perfectly covered by the white primer.

Y junto con la carrocería, imprimí también el chasis:

And along with the body, I also printed the chassis:

Más piezas: los asientos, los imprimí con el gris oscuro de Gravity, porque aplicaré la pintura negra de la gama Focus:

More parts: I primed the seats with Gravity's dark grey, because I will apply the black paint from the Focus range:

Y junto a los asientos, más piezas en sus soportes. En las pinzas utilizo Blue-tack para fijar las piezas, mientras que en la varilla de madera, utilizo cinta adhesiva de doble cara.

And next to the seats, more parts in their holders. On the clamps I use Blue-tack to fix the parts, while on the wooden rod, I use double-sided tape.

Aquí os muestro las piezas que van en verde Gravity, y que previamente imprimí: la carrocería, el alerón del techo, la cubierta de los faros y el frontal de la parrilla de faros:

Here I show you the parts in Gravity green, which I previously primed: the body, the roof spoiler, the headlight cover and the front of the headlight grille:

Apliqué tres manos de pintura verde. Después, lijé un poco la superficie y le volví a dar otra capa de pintura:

I applied three coats of green paint. Then I sanded the surface a little and applied another coat of paint:

A su vez, también pinté otras piezas con otros colores, como el chasis, de negro mate de Zero Paints, el cual coloqué en la carrocería. En la segunda foto, se ven perfectamente los añadidos que hice en los pasos de rueda delanteros de la carrocería, los cuales irán pintados también de negro mate como todo el interior:

At the same time, I also painted other parts with other colours, such as the chassis, in matt black from Zero Paints, which I placed on the bodywork. In the second picture, you can see perfectly the additions I made in the front wheel arches of the bodywork, which will also be painted matt black as the whole interior:

Aquí os muestro las piezas ya pintadas en sus colores, que van directamente en la carrocería:

Here I show you the parts already painted in their colours, which go directly on the bodywork:

Para las piezas blancas use pintura DS color, que me pareció muy buena:

I used DS colour paint to the white parts, which I found very good:

Las piezas en color acero, las pinté con Stainless Steel de Extreme Metal de AK:

The steel coloured parts were painted with Stainless Steel from AK Extreme Metal:

Para las piezas plateadas, usé Zero Metal Chrome, con muy buen resultado. Muchas de esas piezas, tendrán posteriormente más colores, como son los muelles de la suspensión o los discos de freno:

For the silver parts, I used Zero Metal Chrome, with very good results. Many of these parts will later have more colours, such as the suspension springs or brake discs:

Y por supuesto, negro mate de Zero para muchas piezas más!!

And of course, matte black from Zero for many more pieces!

Por último, os pongo el sistema de fijación que le voy a realizar para sujetar el coche a la base: un agujero en esa pieza que cubre la transmisión, y le pego una tuerca, donde el tornillo se enroscará una vez introducido por debajo de la base.

Finally, I'm going to show you the fixing system I'm going to make to fix the car to the base: a hole in the piece that covers the transmission, and I stick a nut, where the screw will be screwed once it is inserted under the base.

En la siguiente entrada, seguiremos con más pintura y quien sabe si pondré las calcas! Gracias por ver y comentar.

In the next entry, we'll continue with more paint and who knows if I'll put the decals! Thanks for watching and commenting.

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Seguimos con el Lancia Stratos y la pintura de sus distintas partes. Ahora vamos a tratar las llantas de aluminio de Studio27, que tienen una realización muy buena, siendo un poco frustrante, el pintarlas con lo bien que están hechas. Pero antes de nada, les hice los taladros para las válvulas de inchado:

We continue with the Lancia Stratos and the painting of its different parts. Now we are going to deal with the aluminium rims of Studio27, which have a very good realization, being a bit frustrating to paint them with how well they are made. But first of all, I drilled the holes for the valves:

Primero les di varias capas finas de imprimación Gravity, que sirve para metal, para terminar aplicando pintura amarilla de Zero, en ese tono que es el que más se parecía de los que tenía:

First I gave them several thin coats of Gravity primer, which can be used for metal, to finish by applying yellow paint from Zero, in that shade, which is the one that most resembled the ones I had:

Y lógicamente, no pude resistirme a ponerlas con la carrocería!!

And of course, I couldn’t resist putting them with the bodywork!

Y ya que estamos con la carocería, pues le pusimos las calcas, compradas a una tienda local de España. Usé el liquido numero 1 de Micro, que fue suficiente, ya que las calcas eran muy delgadas y se colocaron bien.

And while we’re at it, we put on the decals, bought from a local shop in Spain. I used Micro’s liquid number 1, which was enough, as the decals were very thin and they were well placed.

http://blog.maquetea.com/wp-content/upl ... -04-13.jpg

Pasamos a los amortiguadores, y su proceso de pintura. Primero lo di, después de la imprimación, una capa de AK Chrome, para pintar el vástago interior de los muelles. Después metí cinta de enmascarar entre los muelles, para pintar de blanco todo el conjunto. Una vez seco, enmascaré todo el muelle, para pintar de negro semimate. En la siguente foto, podeis ver de izquierda a derecha, el amortiguador con la cinta levantada que permitia pintar de negro, la pieza con la cinta entre las vueltas del muelle, otar pieza después de ser pintada de negro, y finalmente, el amortiguador terminado. Si se hace tranquilamente, no hay porque ponerle un muelle verdadero para que parezca real!

We moved on to the shock absorbers, and their painting process. First I gave them, after priming, a coat of AK Chrome, to paint the inner rod of the springs. Then I put masking tape between the springs, to paint the whole thing in white. Once dry, I masked the whole spring, to paint it in semi-matt black. In the following picture, you can see from left to right, the shock absorber with the tape lifted that allowed to paint black, the piece with the tape between the turns of the spring, another piece after being painted black, and finally, the finished shock absorber. If it is done quietly, there is no need to put a real spring on it to make it look real!

Otro añadido al kit: la pieza que separa el cockpit del motor, lleva un revestimiento por la parte de los pilotos, y yo se la hago con papel metálico que vienen en algunos productos lácteos. Hago una plantilla con cinta de enmascarar, la traspaso al material, la corto y la pego. Ahora viéndola, voy a pintarlas de negro satinado, que es así como va en realidad:

Another addition to the kit: the piece that separates the cockpit from the engine has a covering on the pilots’ side, and I make it with metallic paper that comes in some dairy products. I make a template with masking tape, transfer it to the material, cut it and glue it. Now looking at it, I’m going to paint it satin black, which is how it really goes:

Otra pieza que se pinta de negro mate con los tonos metálicos en Stainless Steel de AK. Posteriormente, le he aplicado el Black Panel Liner de Tamiya, tanto a la pieza como a lo pintado del chasis, para resaltar volumenes y dar profundidad:

Another piece painted in matte black with the metallic tones in AK Stainless Steel. Later, I applied Tamiya’s Black Panel Liner, both to the piece and to the painted chassis, to highlight volumes and give depth:

Respecto a los tubos de escape, piezas negras, los sustituyo por tubos de latón y aluminio que previamente he pasado por el torno particular (un taladro de brocas), para afinar el grosor del aluminio, y redondear un poco, el borde del latón. En las dos fotos siguientes, os muestro como se adaptan los tubos a las piezas del kit, y como quedan en el chasis:

Regarding the exhaust pipes, the black parts in the pictures, I replace them with brass and aluminium pipes that I have previously passed through the particular lathe (a drill), to refine the thickness of the aluminium, and round a little, the edge of the brass. In the following two photos, I show you how the tubes are adapted to the kit parts, and how they fit in the chassis:

Y para terminar, piezas pintadas de negro, que son difíciles de mostrar:

And finally, pieces painted black, which are difficult to show:

Destacamos los asientos y los guarnecidos de las puertas, que fueron pintados con Gravity Nero Pantera de su gama Focus, donde se notan los tonos más claros y los más oscuros….

Highlights include the seats and door trim, which were painted in Gravity Nero Pantera from their Focus range, where lighter and darker tones are evident…..

….y el volante que se pintó primero con gris metálico de Zero, se enmáscaró, y depsués le di negro mate al exterior del volante, el mismo que apliqué al salpicadero.

…. and the steering wheel which was first painted with metallic grey from Zero, masked, and then I gave the outside of the steering wheel a matt black, the same as I applied to the dashboard.

Como véis, los detalles que estoy añadiendo al kit no vienen de ningún TK, y solo de materioales o proceso de pintura que podemos tener en casa. Gracias por ver y comentar!!

As you can see, the details I’m adding to the kit don’t come from any TK, and only from materials or painting process that we can have at home. Thanks for watching and commenting!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Más trabajos realizados en el Lancia Stratos verde, y como veis en la siguiente foto, ya le he dado mucho color a las piezas, entre ellas, las llantas, y los tubos de escape, que son quizás, los que más destacan.

More work done on the green Lancia Stratos, and as you can see in the next picture, I have already given a lot of colour to the parts, among them, the rims, and the exhaust pipes, which are perhaps, the ones that stand out the most.

Los paneles interioes de las puertas, ya los tenía pintados con la pintura Nero Pantera de Focus, y ahora les he pintado la palanca de apertura y el tirador para abrir y cerrar el cristal con plata de Vallejo:

The interior door panels were already painted with Focus Nero Pantera paint, and I have also painted the opening lever and the handle to open and close the glass with Vallejo silver:

En cuanto a las llantas, después del amarillo de Zero, las he dado un lavado con el Panel Liner negro de Tamiya, al que he repasado con un bastoncillo posteriormente. No he querido que fuera un detalle fino e incluso, he eliminado un poco del amarillo, viéndose el aluminio en algunas zonas. Esto es debido al desgaste que he querido aplicar. También le he puesto las tuercas de fotograbado y las vávulas de inflado:

As for the rims, after the yellow from Zero, I gave them a wash with Tamiya’s black Panel Liner, which I then went over with a cotton swab. I didn’t want it to be a fine detail and I even removed a little of the yellow, showing the aluminium in some areas. This is due to the wear I wanted to apply. I have also put the photoetched nuts and the inflation valves:

Y como tengo ya muchas piezas listas, empiezo a pegarlas de acuerdo a las instrucciones:

And as I have a lot of pieces ready, I start gluing them together according to the instructions:

Destacar el radiador delantero pintado con acero y un lavado de panel liner negro y el cortafuegos pintado con el negro semi mate de la gama LP de Tamiya:

Highlights include the front radiator painted with steel with a black liner panel wash and the firewall painted with the semi-matt black from the Tamiya LP range:

Y pasamos al salpicadero. puestas las calcas y pintadados los pulsadores, les puse resina transparente para darles brillo. Coloqué el cortacorriente de Decalcas, pinté de blaco los fusibles, y puse cinta adhesiva metálica a los pulsadores inferiores con un lavado de panel liner negro, y lo pegué todo:

And now we move on to the dashboard. Once the decals were put on and the buttons painted, I applied some clear resin to give them a shine. I put the Decalcas cutter, painted the fuses white, and put metallic adhesive tape on the lower push buttons with a wash of black liner panel, and glued it all together:

Y también, dentro del chasis, ponemos todo lo que no son los asientos. Los extintores, uan vez lacados junto a la carrocería, le pongo cinta adhesiva metálica en las fijaciones, con un toque de panel liner negro en los bordes, y pinto las partes negra y plata de Vallejo con pincel. El simil d ela rueda de recambio, lleva el mismo proceso que las otras cuatro, y pintando la goma cn el Negro Rubber de Zero.

And also, inside the chassis, we put everything that is not the seats. The fire extinguishers, once lacquered at the same time than the body, I put metallic adhesive tape on the fixings, with a touch of black panel liner on the edges, and I paint the black and silver parts of Vallejo with a paintbrush. The spare wheel similar, takes the same process as the other four, and painting the rubber with Zero’s Black Rubber.

Un proceso que quería hacer es poner la tapa de los faros auxiliares con imanes, para que fuera facilmente, de quita y pon. Podéis ve ren el interior de la tapa los imanes, que van pegados cobre un trozo de plastico para sacarlos más y que queden al rasante de los propios faros. EL otro imán va pegado por detrás del plástico verde de los faros:

One process I wanted to do is to put the cover of the auxiliary headlights with magnets, so that it was easy to remove and put on. You can see on the inside of the cover the magnets, which are glued to a piece of plastic to remove them more and to be flush with the headlights themselves. The other magnet is glued to the back of the green plastic of the headlights:

Como ejemplo visual, os añado este video que muestra su funcionamiento:

As a visual example, I add this video showing how it works:

https://youtu.be/BoXqv7K0xBo

Y sin más, pasamos a la carrocería, la cual ya está lacada en las siguientes fotos. He utilizado la laca de Number5, en proporción 2:1:0,5, habiendo tapado el interior:

And without further ado, let’s move on to the bodywork, which is already lacquered in the following photos. I used Number5 lacquer, in a 2:1:0.5 ratio, having covered the interior:

Y ahora, las fotos una vez pulido, sin sacar mucho brillo porque en aquellos, años, los coches no eran tan brillantes co o ah0ra:

And now, the photos once polished, without taking too much shine because in those years, the cars were not so shiny as they are now:

Gracias por mirar y comentar!!

Thanks for watching and commenting!

taxidermist
Formula e
Formula e
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
Germany

Post by taxidermist »

I really enjoy all of your WIP’s. Very inspireing and there is so much to learn. Thank you for sharing your work!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

taxidermist wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:54 am I really enjoy all of your WIP’s. Very inspireing and there is so much to learn. Thank you for sharing your work!
Thanks a lot!! Happy you like it!!