Lancia Stratos 1979 J Bagration – Hasegawa (1/24)

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Tyrrell
Spain

Lancia Stratos 1979 J Bagration – Hasegawa (1/24)

Post by JesusM »

Una vez terminado el Ferrari GTC4, vamos a ir comenzando un kit que no me voy a complicar mucho en cuanto a añadidos: Lancia Stratos Hasegawa a escala 1/24. Para ello, tomaremos este kit correspondiente al rally de Montecarlo del año 1981:

Once finished the Ferrari GTC4, we are going to start a kit that It will not be complicated too much in terms of additions: Lancia Stratos Hasegawa in 1/24 scale. For this, we will take this kit corresponding to the 1981 Montecarlo rally:

Y la versión escogida es la verde que usó Jorge de Bagration en los rallyes de España del año 1979:

And the version chosen is the green one used by Jorge de Bagration in the 1979 Spanish rallies:

Y como complementos, tenemos la pintura de Gravity-Colors Spain, las llantas de aluminio de Studio27, y las calcas específicas realizadas para el rally “2000 Virajes”, que desafortunadamente, tuvo que retirarse por accidente.

And as complements, we have the paint by Gravity-Colors Spain, the aluminium rims by Studio27, and the specific decals made for the rally “2000 Virajes”, which unfortunately, he had to be withdrawn by accident.

Lo primero que hago es revisar el encaje del chasis en la carrocería, pues viendo un video de un japonés que está haciendo un trabajo increible, se decide a cortar el capó y el portón trasero proque el chasis no encaja. Y es cierto: es muy dificil encajarlo. Y auqnue yo lo conseguí, no quiero ni pensar como se haría con toda la carrocería terminada!! Vemos en las siguientes imágenes, como el interior del paso de rueda no termina de entrar, porque los bajos de la carrocería se redondean hacía el centro.

The first thing I do is to check the fit of the chassis to the bodywork, because watching a video of a Japanese guy who is doing an incredible job, he decides to cut the bonnet and the tailgate because the chassis doesn’t fit. And it’s true: it’s very difficult to fit it. And although I managed to do it, I don’t even want to think about how it would be done with the whole bodywork finished! We can see in the following pictures, how the inside of the wheel arch doesn’t fit, because the underbody is rounded towards the centre.

Entonces, lo que he hecho es cortar una L en os laterales del chasis para que entre bien, aunque tendré que rellenar los pasos de rueda interiores de delante, y hacer un apoyo del chasis en el interior de la carrocería.

So, what I’ve done is to cut an L in the sides of the chassis to make a good fit, although I’ll have to fill the front inner wheel arches, and make a support for the chassis inside the body.

Más piezas que retocar: los pasos de reuda traseros vienen con una curvatura en el plano inclinado que no se corresponde al original, por lo que toca lijar e igualar. A su vez, vienen con unas marcas que corresponden a la linea longitudinal lateral de la carrocería, que existen, por lo que habrá que enmasillar.

More parts to touch up: the rear wheel arches come with a curvature in the inclined plane that does not correspond to the original, so they need to be sanded and levelled. At the same time, they come with some marks that correspond to the lateral longitudinal line of the bodywork, which they do not exist, so it will be necessary to putty them.

Aquí vemos bien la marca que hay que rellenar, manteniendo la linea d epanel que viene del porton trasero. También hay que redondear la esquina inferior delantera, que no tiene esa forma de pico:

Here we can clearly see the mark to be filled in, keeping the panel line coming from the tailgate. The lower front corner, which does not have that beak shape, also needs to be rounded:

Y respecto a la deriva trasera, en genral las formas no son tan rectas, y hay que redondearlas un poco:

And with regard to rear drift, in general the shapes are not so straight, and need to be rounded off a little:

En cualquier caso, el coche es un clásico de los rallys con unas formas increibles. Una pena que sea negra la maqueta porque el negro para trabajarlo es muy malo!!

In any case, the car is a rally classic with incredible shapes. It’s a pity that the model is black, because black is very bad to work with!

Gracias por ver y comentar!.

Thanks for watching and commenting!
Last edited by JesusM on Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flemming
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Flemming
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jackie Stewart - Tyrrell
Denmark

Re: Lancia Stratos 1979 J Bagration – Hasegawa (1/24)

Post by Flemming »

Hi

Can't see any of the images?

Regards

Flemming

Chinamalc
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by Chinamalc »

Neither can I, the links are not live.
I believe the hosting site SSL is not being allowed by F1M to show the pictures.

taxidermist
Formula e
Formula e
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
Germany

Post by taxidermist »

Pictures are visible from my side. Just to give another information.

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Hi all...it is strange because the same pictures can be seen in other forums. Also, i can't see the pictures from my mobile but i can see them from my computer!! I don't know why!!!

Jeff
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Jeff »

On my computer I can only see blank image thumbnails; when I right-click on each thumbnail and select "open image in new tab" then I can see it. Not ideal, but at least it allows me to follow this WIP, which will no doubt be another excellent one.

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Jeff wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:29 pm On my computer I can only see blank image thumbnails; when I right-click on each thumbnail and select "open image in new tab" then I can see it. Not ideal, but at least it allows me to follow this WIP, which will no doubt be another excellent one.
Thanks a lot, Jeff!!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Continuamos preparando las piezas para imprimar del Lancia Stratos. Lo primero de todo, disculpad por las fotos porque al ser las piezas negras, se ven mal y tienen poco detalle. Y empezamos montando los soportes del motor, que no existe. Todo irá pintado de negro con sus toques metálicos. Esto era necesario para probar que la carrocería ajustara bien:

We continue preparing the parts for priming the Lancia Stratos. First of all, sorry for the photos, because the parts are black, and they look bad with very little detail. We start assembling the engine mounts, which does not exist. Everything will be painted black with metallic touches. This was necessary to test that the bodywork fit well:

Una vez colocados los soportes anteriores, probamos a ver como quedan los tubos de escape, que creo que tendré que mejorar…

Once the previous brackets are in place, we try to see how the exhaust pipes look like, which I think I’ll have to improve…

El siguiente paso es gastar los neumáticos y para eso, voy a usar ls nuevas llaves de vaso que he comprado, de varias medidas. Pongo los neumáticos en las llave correspondiente y ésta en el taladro. En la segunda foto vemos la diferencia entre la rueda inclinada (ya lijada) y la vertical de la derecha, que está sin lijar.

The next step is to wear out the tyres and for that, I’m going to use the new socket spanners I bought of various sizes. I put the tyres in the sockets and the sockets in the drill. In the second photo we can see the difference between the inclined wheel (already sanded) and the vertical one on the right, which is unsanded.

Otra pieza que mejoro: la palanca del cambio de marchas. Elimino el tubo de plástico y le pongo un trozo de broca de 1 mm:

Another part I improve: the gear shift lever. I remove the plastic tube and put a piece of 1 mm drill bit in it:

Ahora es el turno de los asientos. Tenemos los reposacabezas que van unidos por unos trozos de plástico, que sustituiremos por varillas de metal. Primero hacemos los agujeros en el asiento, con una broca de 0,4 mm, FIjaremos entonces el reposacabezas por detrás, y haremos sus agujeros a la misma medida que el asiento. Ponemos las varillas y tapamos con plástico blanco, las fijaciones iniciales. El resultado es notable!

Now it is the turn of the seats. We have the headrests, which are attached by pieces of plastic, which we will replace with metal rods. First we make the holes in the seat, with a 0.4 mm drill bit, then we will fix the headrest from behind to the seat, and we will make the holes at the same size as the seat. We put the rods and cover with white plastic, the initial fixings. The result is remarkable!

SI recordáis del post anterior, recorté los laterales del chasis para que se pudiera introducir mejor en la carrocería, pero una parte de los pasos de rueda delanteros se eliminaba, y había que taparlas. Para ello, coloco primero cinta de enmascarar y pinto las formas de las piezas, según la forma interior de la carrocería.

If you remember from the previous post, I cut out the sides of the chassis so that it could be better inserted into the bodywork, but part of the front wheel arches were removed, and they had to be covered. To do this, I first put masking tape and paint the shapes of the pieces, according to the interior shape of the bodywork.

A continuación, paso las platillas a plástico de 1mm, recorto, ajusto y pego en su sitio. Depsués aplico masilla Tamiya de Poliuretano:

Next, I transfer the stencils to 1mm plastic, cut, adjust and glue them in place. Then I apply Tamiya Polyurethane putty:

Y ya que usamos la masilla, la aplico en las piezas de la carrocería donde he visto huecos: los aletines traseros y el arco superior. Decir, que antes repasé las lineas de los paneles y los bordes de las ventanas, asi como una lijada a toda la carrocería. Lo siguiemte será lijar la masilla e imprimar:

And since we are using the putty, I apply it on the parts of the bodywork where I have seen holes: the rear wheel arches and the upper wing. Before that, I went over the lines of the panels and the edges of the windows, as well as sanding the whole bodywork. Next I will sand the putty and prime:

Y por supuesto, colocar todas las piezas para su proceso de imprimación y posterior pintura:

And of course, to place all the pieces for the priming and painting process:

En el siguiente post, veremos ya las piezas normalmente en un color claro, donde revisaremos los posibles fallos. Gracias por ver y comentar!

In the next post, we will look at the parts normally in a light colour, where we will check for possible faults. Thanks for watching and commenting!

Joaquin
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Joaquin
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapman's Lotus
Spain

Post by Joaquin »

I can't see the pictures

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

You can can check my blog as well:
http://blog.maquetea.com/