sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

1/12 models by AMF Modelcars

Post by sky1911 »

'ello,

I've stumble across some 1/12 models by AMF Modelcars a while ago. And recently found that they sell those cars as BTO models and some even as kits. Among the cars they've done so far is a Talbot Lago T26C (1948), a Delahaye 135CS (1936), a Napier Railton (1933) and a few others, none race cars. Now I wonder has anyone ever seen one of these in the flesh, bought one as a finished model or even better gotten a kit of them? I'd be interested in the ball park numbers for those in kit form.

(amfmodelcars.com and also via instagram and bookface)
Cheers,
Roman

Maysula
Backmarker
Backmarker

Re: 1/12 models by AMF Modelcars

Post by Maysula »

Hi. I built one, http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topi ... -1949-112/
Very nice kits :-)

Thomas

Topic author
sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Hi Thomas,

wow, that turned out really great! A few minor details, like you mentioned in that thread (one panel line I caught my eye), but what a beautiful build and lovely (added) details! May I ask how much $$$ the kit in 1/12 was?
All of that aside, the Talbot Lago T26c always reminds me of the (yet another) insane 1/8th build from Dan (Propeller) of the same car, where he formed the body panels using a wooden buck, stamped the casing for the drum brakes, ... Maybe one of our friends from France know Dan? As indicated he seems to be a pilot or at least interested in aviation as well. But I'm derailing my own thread (again) ;)
Cheers,
Roman

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

I have a Pegaso Z102 in 1/24th scale by him and they do make very nice kits. They will do them in several scales, not just 1/12th.

Maysula
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by Maysula »

sky1911 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:21 pm Hi Thomas,

wow, that turned out really great! A few minor details, like you mentioned in that thread (one panel line I caught my eye), but what a beautiful build and lovely (added) details! May I ask how much $$$ the kit in 1/12 was?
All of that aside, the Talbot Lago T26c always reminds me of the (yet another) insane 1/8th build from Dan (Propeller) of the same car, where he formed the body panels using a wooden buck, stamped the casing for the drum brakes, ... Maybe one of our friends from France know Dan? As indicated he seems to be a pilot or at least interested in aviation as well. But I'm derailing my own thread (again) ;)
Hi and thanks :-) I paid 300 euros for it, nearly the same in dollars I belive
Thomas

Topic author
sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Cheers for the feedback guys. As for pricing, I was just looking for a ballpark figure to know whether I should make an inquiry or not and it sounds like I should. I mean it could have been an MG type thing, price and quality wise. And for that I lack the fetish to punish myself continuously ;) I prefer nice and easy when I can (plus I'm lazy).

@Tommy - I'm not into the smaller scales. I still have a started Fujimi 917 that I keep eyeballing every now and then and then I'll just be like "nah" and put the thing back into its box ;)
Cheers,
Roman

pgarat
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: PGarat
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, McLaren, Lotus…
Chris Amon, P.Depailler, James Hunt, Jim Clark, Tazio Nuvolari, Ascari…
France

Post by pgarat »

sky1911 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:21 pm Hi Thomas,

Hi,

I know Dan (Propeller) and we are from the same area in SW of France.
Its Modeling skills are just stellar!
His 1/8 Talbot Lago is unbelievable and he’s currently re-building/modifying (building in fact) a 1/8 Pocher Rolls Royce into an armored car: awesome!

Sorry for the off topic.
I love those kits and wonder if I won’t buy the Talbot Lago…

Pascal
I'd rather be flying!

If only Closed Minds came with Closed Mouth