Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

AMC Pacific PR01 1994 Late Type

Post by steinietrabi »

Newest AMC Kit arrived today!

1/20 scale curbside model of the Pacific PR01

The kit is again a classic multimedia kit as known from AMC.
Lots of white metal, resin casting, decals and PE parts...

The complete suspension parts including brakes and rims, front and rear wings are also completely white metal. Radiator, steering wheel, mirrors and a few smaller parts - everything as usual.

A little belt material and the appropriate PE parts.

3 sheets with decals.

Rubber tires, but these must be ordered separately if desired.

Resin casting for the body and underbody, the nose is separate. Seat and rear suspension covers of the body and of course the dummy gearbox.

The instructions are clear and only contain the rough steps with the numbering of the components and the arrangement of the decals.

Here again everything in the overview.
What I'm missing and certainly forgot about my kit are the screws, a small strip of clear film for the windshield and some brass wire for the antennas and fixation pins (maybe a separate bag).

The instructions also state that an exchange due to broken fixation pins is not possible. I assume there were problems and complaints here in the past.
In this kit, too, the pins on the metal parts as well as on the resin parts are very thin and will certainly break quickly.
I can already confirm this with the resin parts after the transport to me, all 4 pins on the front wing broke off and are in the bag... here it is definitely necessary to drill and set new brass pins.

Greetings Thomas

Daliracing
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Gert
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: 3.5l era.
Belgium

Re: AMC Pacific PR01 1994 Late Type

Post by Daliracing »

Nice review of the kit! About the missing screws, i would contact them. I had some poorly casted rims in my Sauber C12 kit and they Sended me 4 new ones (only 1 was in bad condition) i did have to pay the customs of it tho but it was worth it.
Still a little in doubt if i would get this one as it's not quite my cup of thee (might save the cash for a possible 1989 car in the future)

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

So then it is not a full kit if you have to order the tires separately!! What do they expect that you use if you do not order their tires??
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Topic author
steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

Daliracing wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:57 pm Nice review of the kit! About the missing screws, i would contact them. I had some poorly casted rims in my Sauber C12 kit and they Sended me 4 new ones (only 1 was in bad condition) i did have to pay the customs of it tho but it was worth it.
Still a little in doubt if i would get this one as it's not quite my cup of thee (might save the cash for a possible 1989 car in the future)
I have already contacted Tohru and he will replace anything missing. A mistake that can easily happen when packing the set. Annoying for both parties, but the service is great. I can also confirm that.
Icon_Modeler wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:10 pm So then it is not a full kit if you have to order the tires separately!! What do they expect that you use if you do not order their tires??
There are 3 versions of the set:
- without tires
- with tires
- with additional decal set

The prices are different accordingly. The whole thing is also due to the origin. In Japan there was/is the possibility of getting Tamiya tires very easily (and cheap). Many Japan also cast them themselves from resin (or prints in the recent past) so it's easy that there's also a tireless offering, which is offered at a lower price.
AMC has been doing this for a long time...
Greetings Thomas