Looking for....

Topic author
Super_Sych
Formula e
Formula e

Looking for TABU DESIGN Full Sponsor Decal for McLaren MP4/13 Tamiya

Post by Super_Sych »

Hi guys!

I'm desperately looking for TABU DESIGN Full Sponsor Decal for McLaren MP4/13 (1/20 Tamiya), No. TABU20128C.

Does anyone have it for sale here or know someone who could sell it to me? I would highly appreciate your help with that guys! :roll:

martinpesce
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: Looking for TABU DESIGN Full Sponsor Decal for McLaren MP4/13 Tamiya

Post by martinpesce »

Just checking: Does it have to be the Tabu set per se? I do have a spare Tamiya set if I recall correctly.

Topic author
Super_Sych
Formula e
Formula e

Post by Super_Sych »

martinpesce wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:32 pm Just checking: Does it have to be the Tabu set per se? I do have a spare Tamiya set if I recall correctly.
Yep, I'm looking for exactly that set of decals, because they have smoother color transitions here, not dotted ones like in Tamiya decals.

Seema
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by Seema »

Yes, unfortunately only an extra Tamiya decal. I have one left over from the additional West decals.

Topic author
Super_Sych
Formula e
Formula e

Post by Super_Sych »

Seema wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:57 pm Yes, unfortunately only an extra Tamiya decal. I have one left over from the additional West decals.
Maybe I will need a spare Tamiya decal if I won't find Tabu since mine is a bit yellowish. If I won't fix it I may ask you for help with yours then.

Seema
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by Seema »

Super_Sych wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:17 am
Seema wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:57 pm Yes, unfortunately only an extra Tamiya decal. I have one left over from the additional West decals.
Maybe I will need a spare Tamiya decal if I won't find Tabu since mine is a bit yellowish. If I won't fix it I may ask you for help with yours then.
If you don't get Tabu sheets, I can give you mine. They are not yellowed and look great.

Topic author
Super_Sych
Formula e
Formula e

Post by Super_Sych »

Seema wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:39 am If you don't get Tabu sheets, I can give you mine. They are not yellowed and look great.
Thanks a lot! I'll let you know in case.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Only the first edition of this kit has the issue with dots in the print, the second edition (black box) has better decals which are fine, maybe you should try to get such kit instead of using the first edition.

Topic author
Super_Sych
Formula e
Formula e

Post by Super_Sych »

gp-models wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:27 am Only the first edition of this kit has the issue with dots in the print, the second edition (black box) has better decals which are fine, maybe you should try to get such kit instead of using the first edition.
Really? I had no idea about that! Thanks for letting me know. I think second edition decals would be useful then :D
Seema wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:39 am If you don't get Tabu sheets, I can give you mine. They are not yellowed and look great.
Seema, do you have the first or second edition decals?

Seema
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by Seema »

Super_Sych wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:10 pm
gp-models wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:27 am Only the first edition of this kit has the issue with dots in the print, the second edition (black box) has better decals which are fine, maybe you should try to get such kit instead of using the first edition.
Really? I had no idea about that! Thanks for letting me know. I think second edition decals would be useful then :D
Seema, do you have the first or second edition decals?
Super_Sych
Sorry for the late reply. I have the first edition. At first glance, I didn't notice the poorer print quality. There is a clear difference to the tabu, the color is different too.