Post away...

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: 1/12 Lotus 99t NUNU

Post by JamesB »

scaleautofactory wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:30 pm
JamesB wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:08 pm
You simply answered harshly to a member’s comments that after all was showing interest on your opinion and work. And now still seem unable to understand it. I trust anyway, never too late.
Where?
Here.

You can delete your posts but not someone else´s quotes of those.
I usually praise the general kindness and helpfulness of this forum. Same way it´s flashy when someone does the opposite. Better than deleting is to apologise, I think. It may help not to still feel confused about criticizing being allowed, two and a half months later.

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH44
Germany

Post by scaleautofactory »

daveyman wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:14 pm Lotus seemed to revise the position of the snorkels at every race in the early part of the season. I've seen what looks like potentially three different specs at Monaco. Nakajima ran the original, same as in the Tamiya 1/20 but Senna ran these with a more contoured shape and I've seen some that look very close to the edge of the sidepod. I've been doing a lot of research on this car for the Tamiya kit I'm building. I just wonder if nu nu tripped themselves up with their research.
I found a good photo where both snorkel locations are visible.
ImageDrain-20240117T063234.314Z.jpeg
Compared with the beemax cowl -> beemax cowl is out of shape according to original car photos...
IMG_4468.jpeg

capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

Post by capri-schorsch »

I have mixed feelings with this kit.
First I have to say I don't bought it so far.

But from the complaints about a miss shape she holes into the bottom plate I have no fear about it.
I don't expect Tamiya quality. But when I saw the price that is announced I would expect something better. The 250-300€ are way too much for these quality.
Something in the price range of Italeri and it would be a no brainer.
I would expect a better designed kit for these money.

But come on guys.
Please stop complaining against each other. It's feels like Kindergarten sometimes.
Respect each other's meaning even when your eyes are rolling. 😁😁😉😉
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

scaleautofactory wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:06 am
daveyman wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:14 pm Lotus seemed to revise the position of the snorkels at every race in the early part of the season. I've seen what looks like potentially three different specs at Monaco. Nakajima ran the original, same as in the Tamiya 1/20 but Senna ran these with a more contoured shape and I've seen some that look very close to the edge of the sidepod. I've been doing a lot of research on this car for the Tamiya kit I'm building. I just wonder if nu nu tripped themselves up with their research.
I found a good photo where both snorkel locations are visible.
ImageDrain-20240117T063234.314Z.jpeg

Compared with the beemax cowl -> beemax cowl is out of shape according to original car photos...
IMG_4468.jpeg
That's an interesting picture with the outline for the original location. Thanks for sharing it.
I'm enjoying your build of this kit, despite it's shortcomings, and I look forward to seeing my kit arrive one day.
Maybe something got lost in translation in your interaction with the other posters, this is generally a very positive environment.
Please don't hold back on giving your opinion on this kit, it's all valid.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

I`m realy happy that you keep posting on Torsten, don`t take care of pitty behavior or comments, it only reminds me the comment from Larry Flynt to the judge... :lol:

There are a lot of rumors around and people like to see what to expect from that kit, we don`t carry all the same skill, so it helps many people to judge about issues on their own, cause they know on their own if they have the skills which are needed or not.
I find it strange for a plastic kit that you have to build it like a multimedia kit with test fitting and changes, so to me the kit is clearly overpriced. Sure, it`s a new one and not a re edition from existing molds which work.

The kit is a basic starting point as far as i can see, but surely not for someone without experience. The 1:20 Tamiya version i used on my build was also only a starting point, but it surely takes time and effort to turn it into something better.
I wish their would be more people posting progress here, so as your the only one sharing experience on this build, please keep it coming!!! :)
Take a stand!

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

scaleautofactory wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:14 pm
stubeck wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:25 pm
gp-models wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 am Maybe i don`t got it, but what should the might be price tell me about the quality of that kit which exists??

By the way, i would like to get more informations about the problems of this kit Torsten, please don`t be afraid to take a stand as it will help others to judge on their own if they might face trouble when building it, or even the descision to buy it! ;)
I think we're just talking in circles here, as I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Nunu and BeeMax kits aren't the same quality as Tamiya, they're also cheaper. Older moulds such as the recent re-releases we've seen from Tamiya rea cheaper, but they're not going to be the same quality as what we would expect from Tamiya in 2024 either.

If you go back a few pages you'll see the comments about the kit. I don't think JamesB meant anything by his comments that has scared off scaleautofactory/
Point 1: price should be more or less like the Italeri rerelases of Protar - around 140€-170€ - more is overpriced because of the poor quality of beemax molds.
Point 2: indeed "JamesB" was pointing in my direction after my comments about the big issue of the cowl on a 2022 released kit.
I thought it was around that price but obviously its not the same everywhere. Its $185 at HLJ for example.

I personally didn't take anything from what James posted as being a "never talk about it again", but I'm sorry you feel the way you do. Hopefully you'll continue to post about the kit and ignore the comments you don't like.

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Germany

Regarding Price:
Preorder-Prices in Germany between 210€-350€ for the Kit and 75-120€ for the Addon-Set -> far to much IMVHO for the delivered qualitiy compared to rereleased 1/12 kits from Tamiya like Porsche 934/935, Lotus 78 and Tyrrell P34.
The Italeri ex. Pocher MP4/2C in 1/12 has a price range in Germany from 120€-150€...

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

stubeck wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:29 am
I thought it was around that price but obviously its not the same everywhere. Its $185 at HLJ for example.

I personally didn't take anything from what James posted as being a "never talk about it again", but I'm sorry you feel the way you do. Hopefully you'll continue to post about the kit and ignore the comments you don't like.
Realy??? :roll:

I can buy things overseas at some points and they are much cheaper even including postage costs then here right before my front door, that`s nothing new, maybe elsewhere.

To the postings, there are allways different views on what someone is posting, but trying someone to apologize for something he not started, only wanted to explain the problems about that kit.... well James should apologize for that post himself maybe?! Making such drama out of it is far from comon behavior here, so please take a view from both sides! ;)
To stop that drama here and trying to get back to topic, i guess we all only want to see what`s up with that kit, and getting informations from first hand is allways good, so stay focused on what`s about that kit.
Take a stand!

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

gp-models wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:10 am
stubeck wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:29 am

Realy??? :roll:

I can buy things overseas at some points and they are much cheaper even including postage costs then here right before my front door, that`s nothing new, maybe elsewhere.

To the postings, there are allways different views on what someone is posting, but trying someone to apologize for something he not started, only wanted to explain the problems about that kit.... well James should apologize for that post himself maybe?! Making such drama out of it is far from comon behavior here, so please take a view from both sides! ;)
To stop that drama here and trying to get back to topic, i guess we all only want to see what`s up with that kit, and getting informations from first hand is allways good, so stay focused on what`s about that kit.
Sorry, thought you were a different user.

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Germany

From my point of view the top problems on my 2 kits:
Cowl displacement
IMG_3833.jpeg
Floor with long crack and hole and poor cut off from the sprue by beemax
IMG_3925.jpeg
Deformed part - oil tank on top of the gearbox
IMG_3898.jpeg
IMVHO - this is not the expected quality for 2023.

The problem with the cowl that I mentioned earlier led to some "strange" comments - which I felt were an insult.
But, off to the trash and back to the topic.
Last edited by scaleautofactory on Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.