Great Britain

Re: 1/12 Lotus 99t NUNU

Post by daveyman »

Liking the box art. Very classic.

Seema
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Martin Seelos
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, Williams, Toleman, Mclaren.
Austria

Post by Seema »

I have the MFH 99T and there are also two decal sheets with different colors. One blue and one black. Are there different colors in different GP? Can someone answer this question for me? The box art is very successful and reminds me of the tamiya boxes. Is very successful.
Seema

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

Logos were always blue - as far as i know.

No idea why mfh would include black logos — but that explains nunu including them. Nothing like a bit of copy/ paste!

Nice to see box art. Inching closer…

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Post by Orso »

When were those logos used?
I can't recall ever seen them on the car.

Edit

I will correct myself. I found them on cars from the British GP. Juts a few pictures, most of them show the Camel logo together with the Lotus text.
Did they have to change it during the weekend?

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Box says Monaco '87 winner, so I would assume the decals show that car? ;) unless someone made a nunu, uh, nono :D
Cheers,
Roman

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Even Nunu includes these decals, i would not trust their research as there have been so many changes on that car during the season and from race to race.
Before i have not seen Nunu`s final result and maybe some pics of the real kit, i would not say they are right with the version they present.
Let`s see what they come up with, middle/end of march we will see what`s up. So far i have not seen any picture or information about the detail set, but i expect to see not realy much, especially when someone is up to go full detail.
Take a stand!

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Orso wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:11 am When were those logos used?
I can't recall ever seen them on the car.

Edit

I will correct myself. I found them on cars from the British GP. Juts a few pictures, most of them show the Camel logo together with the Lotus text.
They ran the Lotus name and Camel logo at Silverstone and Hockenheim as well as the Lotus name and lotus badge. Could be that they could use the Camel logo in untelevised running and swap to the Lotus badge when the cameras were rolling.

MoFo
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by MoFo »

Just a reminder: Hobby Easy don't have any inside information on when the kit is going to be released. They just use a random future date as a placeholder, so they can take pre-orders. The fact that they say it will be out on March 20 is meaningless.

(I went through this with the 1/48 AMK F-14 on the aircraft discussion boards - every time the 'release date' neared, they'd just change it to a few months later. For a couple of years.)
Je ne regrette rien.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

daveyman wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:39 pm
Orso wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:11 am I will correct myself. I found them on cars from the British GP. Juts a few pictures, most of them show the Camel logo together with the Lotus text.
They ran the Lotus name and Camel logo at Silverstone and Hockenheim as well as the Lotus name and lotus badge. Could be that they could use the Camel logo in untelevised running and swap to the Lotus badge when the cameras were rolling.
Not sure if I am answering the question. But generally speaking, it looks the tobacco advertisement was kinda allowed during practice while it was surely NOT come race day. That has had me wondering why some cars had tobacco and some not on these races in the eighties. :lol: :lol:
But then also CAMEL tried a trick (other brands did too) by creating "Camel racing service" as a paralel brand that was theorethically "non tobacco" and trying so to make the best of some loop hole in the rules...
BAck to the model , I was about starting to think of some transormation ideas, but honestly for me at 300eu it´d be too expensive. For that token I´d probably prefer an MFH...

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

JamesB, where is the 300Eu coming from? Isn't the kit price less?