For all F1 scale model news...

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo
Switzerland

Re: PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2022

Post by BMW »

Sprue images of it are now available, if you click the "download" button on the right side of this page:
https://www.italeri.com/notizia/813
Currently building:
Alfa Romeo 159 (since 2021)
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Cootje555 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:26 pm I heard Tamiya went almost bankrupt because of the production of the Ferrari 641/2, McLaren MP4/6, and Williams FW14b.
I have no idea how you "heard" this information but it couldn't be further from the truth. Tamiya have never been close to bankruptcy as far as I know and in fact the 641/2 and MP4/6 have been re=released a number of times and have done very well sales wise. The Williams was not as successful but Tamiya still managed to sell out their entire production run of the model so it makes your bankruptcy statement laughable.

Tamiya is a big company and they do thing differently (think old school) than the newer companies like Nunu and BeeMax. Mr. Tamiya still runs the company and until he passes on or becomes incapable of running the company things probably will not change. Mr. Tamiya's son in law was given control of the company a few years ago and things started to change but then he got sick with cancer and passed. Mr. Tamiya took control back. Until a younger more current mind takes control of the company it will probably stay as it is.
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Switzerland

Post by BMW »

Icon_Modeler wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:20 pm
Cootje555 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:26 pm I heard Tamiya went almost bankrupt because of the production of the Ferrari 641/2, McLaren MP4/6, and Williams FW14b.
I have no idea how you "heard" this information but it couldn't be further from the truth. Tamiya have never been close to bankruptcy as far as I know and in fact the 641/2 and MP4/6 have been re=released a number of times and have done very well sales wise. The Williams was not as successful but Tamiya still managed to sell out their entire production run of the model so it makes your bankruptcy statement laughable.

Tamiya is a big company and they do thing differently (think old school) than the newer companies like Nunu and BeeMax. Mr. Tamiya still runs the company and until he passes on or becomes incapable of running the company things probably will not change. Mr. Tamiya's son in law was given control of the company a few years ago and things started to change but then he got sick with cancer and passed. Mr. Tamiya took control back. Until a younger more current mind takes control of the company it will probably stay as it is.
In your face much?
If he heard so, then he heard so, perhaps the person was misinformed of whatever. And also it was posed as a question, meaning asking for information to prove or disprove the statement.

And the point was also that Tamiya might have been close to bankruptcy back then when the kits were made, due to presumably, the high cost of tooling vs. the initial sales.
Icon_Modeler wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:20 pm Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
I mean sure, if that is your opinion. You don't have to be rude about it.
Currently building:
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

BMW wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:31 pm

In your face much?
If he heard so, then he heard so, perhaps the person was misinformed of whatever. And also it was posed as a question, meaning asking for information to prove or disprove the statement.

And the point was also that Tamiya might have been close to bankruptcy back then when the kits were made, due to presumably, the high cost of tooling vs. the initial sales.
Icon_Modeler wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:20 pm Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
I mean sure, if that is your opinion. You don't have to be rude about it.
Did I strike a nerve?? All I can do is laugh at your post. Anything more would be a waste of time and lost on your lack of intelligence.
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

Folks, stick to the point.
Without precise background information from the company itself, it's all speculation anyway.
I also don't think Tamiya would have gone anywhere near bankruptcy for a single kit to pay the licensing costs. However, the fees were certainly not too little at that time, because at that time they were certainly trying to make real money with them.

On the other hand, I am firmly convinced that many of the current manufacturers do not have license agreements.
But as I said, we don't have to further exploit the topic here... ;)
Greetings Thomas

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Switzerland

Post by BMW »

Yeah, there are some who simply do not understand how to converse in a civilized manner.

What do you think of the Bugatti, guys?
It looks good to me
Currently building:
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

Chinamalc
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by Chinamalc »

Good question, I hope it does not put MFH off! I guess they are two slightly different markets due to the price point of each kit?
I will wait to see some reviews when the Bugatti kits are in customers hands, but I agree it looks promising.
I really want to see news of the long announced 1/12 Italeri McLaren MP4/2C re release! (I noted your avatar pic!)
Looks like we will not see it this year?

M.

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Well, I for one am looking forward to the Bug. With regards to MFH, I doubt Italeri's offering will put them "off". For one their model has been released almost 2 years ago (05/2020) and secondly it is likely in a class of its own. Detail wise the verdict is still out as we need to see the Italeri offering in the flesh to compare it to the MFH offering. The only thing that is certain is that the Italeri model will be considerably lighter as they don't have white metal parts. As for market shares and such - again just my view / 2cts - I was never going to go for the 700$ MFH kit as it is not a subject that is on my "must have" list. Only being on there would justify my paying that price if I feel the offering matches the asking price. Since it is only on the "nice to have" list, I'd only go for it at very reasonable price, which the Italeri kit will likely be (up to $200). Or put bluntly - if there wasn't a cheap and decent kit of it, I wouldn't get it at all. The same is true for other cars / models. The Delta Integrale springs to mind - released as a multimedia kit by MFH in 11/2019, released as a plastic kit by Italeri in 11/2021. While I like that car as well, it's not on my "must have" list, but it is something interesting. So again, if a decision is going to be made it will be based on price point vs "need" ;).

Same is true for other brands to. That Nuno (or whatever) Lotus for instance...
Last edited by sky1911 on Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Roman

Chinamalc
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by Chinamalc »

Exactly!
NuNu.;)

M.

Cootje555
Formula e
Formula e
Your Name: Co van der Gragt
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ayrton Senna
Netherlands

Post by Cootje555 »

To answer your question.
I "heard" in several modeling shops here in Holland.
And I did "read" it here on this forum a long time ago.

viewtopic.php?t=8100

Although I don't post as much as you do, I am here around for a long time. :wink:
Maybe Tamiya did not almost go bankrupt over the development of the 1/12 kits, but it could be possible that they took a financial hit due to them.
And as the original production run did sell out, I think it is it is also a fair question about how long it took them to sell them all?
I think neither of us have insight in the accountancy of Tamiya inc.
I did not make it up.
I did hear and read it.
And maybe I was misinformed.
At least im happy that I was able to make you laugh! :D

But I still wonder why Nunu is suddenly able to produce two F1 kits in 1/12 scale, and why the big company's don't.
You are probably right about Tamiya being old school and therefor maybe a bit conservative like a lot of Japanese company's.
But Revell did produce the F2002 back in the day's, and was also a one off.

@BMW: thanks for the support! :wink: