steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Re: PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2022

Post by steinietrabi »

And here is a picture of the MP4/4 1/12 Full Detail from Nunu.
I don't think I've seen any more pictures...

Fd3ejCJVEAA6-Sz.jpg
Greetings Thomas

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

steinietrabi wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:25 am I think this picture also shows the reason for the delay in the 99T... It looks like a completely new tool was built again.

Fd3ySqAVUAEK6Zx.jpg
Thanks for sharing. I think I am going to have to sell my unbuilt 1/20th to start funding these!

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH44
Germany

Post by scaleautofactory »

steinietrabi wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:25 am I think this picture also shows the reason for the delay in the 99T... It looks like a completely new tool was built again.

Fd3ySqAVUAEK6Zx.jpg
New tool does not mean, that the tools is reworked. New tool means, this kit is new and not a rerelease of a existing kit.
The reason for the delay are corona related according to the email answer from the manufacturer. :shock:

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

Thanks for the explanation. I haven't had email contact with the manufacturer yet.
Greetings Thomas

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

Aside from the front suspension mounts, the 4/4 looks solid.
Surprised they opted for the early season design.

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

Does anyone have insight into what is motivating Nunu to manufacture 1/12th GP cars?

Are the designers previously from Tamiya? What is the production run going to be like?

I welcome the kits. But just curious about the projects and how long can we see this go for?

Seema
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Martin Seelos
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, Williams, Toleman, Mclaren.
Austria

Post by Seema »

Hi! A few days ago I saw a video on Youtube of unpoxing of the Nunu lotus 99t. The parts look rough, similar to the Protar 1:12 models. Would have thought of nicer details with today's technology. I was disappointed. However, I cannot say anything about the parts of the 4/4. Maybe they improved the details.
https://youtu.be/mxpF4wEf65E
Seema

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

SBEST wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:55 pm Does anyone have insight into what is motivating Nunu to manufacture 1/12th GP cars?

Are the designers previously from Tamiya? What is the production run going to be like?

I welcome the kits. But just curious about the projects and how long can we see this go for?

I had wondered how Hiro could keep churning out 12th scale kits at $700 a pop, but they keep making them.

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

SBEST wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:55 pm Does anyone have insight into what is motivating Nunu to manufacture 1/12th GP cars?

There seems to be a market for 1:12 kits...
You could blame this on modelers getting old ( and fewer younger ones joining the hobby ) and moving to bigger/easier scales for their eyes and fingers :-)
Available funds are probably also a factor. Kids don't have money for big scale kits. Seniors do.

Once they have built the tooling for the kits they are here to stay. They will have an initial production run in the thousands probably but they can always re-release them once the market has absorbed the previous run.
Look at what Tamiya is doing or the Protar rereleases by Italeri. These kits will be here for decades.
If a company can handle the investment for development and tooling and doesn't have to make a ( big ) profit immediatley, they have a ( slow ) money maker for a long time.
Therefore it makes sense to do classic cars that have a broad appeal.
If I were to select a topic it would be a full detail Porsche 962 ( in 1:24 and even 1:12 ). The possibilities for variations ( and kit sales ) are almost endless. It would definitely kill sales of the old/compromised Tamiya and Hasegawa kits and make money until the end of plastic :-)

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

43rdMichael wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:41 pm Aside from the front suspension mounts, the 4/4 looks solid.
Surprised they opted for the early season design.
Pretty sure the late season version will follow :-)