Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Re: Hachette F1 1/24th scale Championship models

Post by F1tommy »

New website link for the F1 collections in 1/43rd and 1/24th scales, 1/43rd and 1/24th sportscars and 1/5th driver helmets and large scale 1/8th models by Centauria .

https://www.centauria.it/opera/collezio ... -formula-1

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Here is the Hachette Deagostini Japanese 1/24th F1 collection just starting out. Rumors are that they will do 150 1/24th F1 cars for this series.

Buy one If you dare. Try the 1/24th Brabham BT46 or Lotus 79 off the Italian series to see how good they are. They also cost less than a plastic model kit

https://deagostini.jp/f1b/

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

I found this guy in Japan who makes videos of most of the Deagostini 1/24th F1 models. They say on their website 80 1/24th F1 models, but they have updated that now to 150 models.

They do supply tobacco decals for the model wich he shows on the end of the video. Paint and finish is very good for a diecast, perfect for reworking and detailing+ clearcoat.

Remember this is the same company that does the Belkits models so they do know how to make good models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrXCOuf7TRY

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Hachette F1 1/24th series number #41 is out, the 1/24th Hesketh 308B 1975 James Hunt. Very nice model that should be easy to clean up and detail.

http://www.automodellando.it/forum/topi ... ichpage=63

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Hachette has now announced they will release the 1/24th F1 newstand collection as the IXO F1 1/24th series for the world. The first 3 are out, the Tyrell P34 Belgium 1977, Mclaren M23 Canada 1976 and Lotus 72 British GP. This should make them easier to get. We are up to number 42 of 80 planned so far in the newstand Hachette series, with the 1/24th Ferrari F1 series also coming in 2023.

Hachette also makes Bellkits, and these are much like those kits in detail, but curbside and assembled with tobacco sponsors included.

https://www.facebook.com/ixomodels

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

I have the 3 IXO 1/24th F1 models now and I think they are slightly better than the newstand models. They have a much better display case included and the Lotus 72 has double gold ring Firestone tires, the Hachette newstand had single gold rings. From pictures I found they ran both styles in 1972, and on some races no rings on the inside tires just like the IXO model. Amazing quality for the money, a gift from Hachette to F1 collectors. With some added detailing they will look superb.

kitkent
Spectator
Spectator

Post by kitkent »

This is good news for us in the U.K! I’m very keen on 1/24 F1 models,probably because I’m just being awkward I think. I got started though as the late great Colin Fraser sold me three of his 1/24 Wave kits. I have managed to get an IXO Mclaren M23 from someone in England ,I had to get the 4 other Hachette cars I have from someone in Italy,all at various prices and horrendous postage.The IXO one is exactly like a 1/43,same packaging and a plastic case too. Oh and M@r!b*r* decals as well. Can’t wait for a few more now.Chris.

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

kitkent wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:18 pm This is good news for us in the U.K! I’m very keen on 1/24 F1 models,probably because I’m just being awkward I think. I got started though as the late great Colin Fraser sold me three of his 1/24 Wave kits. I have managed to get an IXO Mclaren M23 from someone in England ,I had to get the 4 other Hachette cars I have from someone in Italy,all at various prices and horrendous postage.The IXO one is exactly like a 1/43,same packaging and a plastic case too. Oh and M@r!b*r* decals as well. Can’t wait for a few more now.Chris.
Yes they are very nice, and I add detail to them mainly in the motor and suspension area. The paint and decals are almost perfect but added wiring and suspension parts make them high quality models. The art is getting the glued suspension and engine parts apart without damage so you can add metal rollbars, wires ect, sort of like taking apart a built model you want to rebuild. Getting the screws out so you can get the bottom off is easy.

Hachette/IXO pay attention to details better than most model companies. They do alot of research it seems, even more for the IXO cars as they are slightly better in small details but still the same basic models.

1/24th is the original BIG F1 model scale starting with MERIT in the 1950's in England. It was not until Tamiya started making 1/20th F1 in the late 1970's that that took over, but Tamiya still made most other cars in 1/24th scale. Motio from Hapico said he got the reason from the engineer at Tamiya. It was due to the Tamiya P34 not having room for the batteries in 1/24th scale so they made it slightly larger to fit them. All the original Tamiya 1/20th models had motors so they needed batteries. I find 1/20th scale to be a pain as it throws the scale references off when sitting next to other 1/24th scale street and race cars.

My only fear is this will turn people into more collectors and less into modelers. For now I treat these 1/24th F1 models as pre painted models with some added work required to be perfect, although not much work.

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

They now have all three of the first IXO 1/24th F1 releases on their store site. I think the Lotus 72 British GP is the best of the three by far as it was made later in the series, and they keep getting better. My favorite models so far are the Hechette news stand BT46, Lotus 79, Hesketh and IXO Lotus 72 British GP. These 4 are superb models but some details will make them perfect. I think Hachette must like 1970's and 1980's cars best judging by the best models.

https://store.premium-collectibles.com/ ... ct_id=2897

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Next two Hachette 1/24th F1 models are now out, number 44 and 45. The Jordan 191 and Ferrari 312 T4. Very nice models with almost perfect paint and graphics finishes.

Still waiting on an update if this series will go over 80 1/24th F1 cars. We also have the 1/24th Ferrari F1 series and 1/24th Leman's winner series coming in 2023.

http://www.automodellando.it/forum/topi ... ichpage=66