Ffracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Paul
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Mercedes
United States of America

Re: Hachette F1 1/24th scale Championship models

Post by Ffracer »

I wouldn't do anything like that by subscription......especially signing up using PayPal.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

f1m wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:09 am I'm tempted, but I dunno....

E
Beware, Eric. You buy 3 or 4 out of curiosity and you end up trashing all the 1/20 collection you might have. And we are not that young anymore :lol:
Seriously they should be a no-brainer. Well done, cheap and with a finish not everyone can achieve. But for 1/20 die hards it´s too late :lol:

f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by f1m »

I've already got a mixture of 43rd, 24th, 20th, and 18th scale diecasts and models, so that would not be much of a problem.

E
JamesB wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:18 pm
f1m wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:09 am I'm tempted, but I dunno....

E
Beware, Eric. You buy 3 or 4 out of curiosity and you end up trashing all the 1/20 collection you might have. And we are not that young anymore :lol:
Seriously they should be a no-brainer. Well done, cheap and with a finish not everyone can achieve. But for 1/20 die hards it´s too late :lol:

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

:shock: :shock: Not 1/12??? :shock:
:lol:
I also have that mix, honestly :wink:
Just beware the numbers. I started with the idea of getting some 5-10 1/12 IXO bikes and ended up with >100

f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by f1m »

I have yet to finish a 12th scale model... only started it 40 years ago...

E
JamesB wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:13 pm :shock: :shock: Not 1/12??? :shock:
:lol:
I also have that mix, honestly :wink:
Just beware the numbers. I started with the idea of getting some 5-10 1/12 IXO bikes and ended up with >100

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

If you order these to just display and not modify, they can be very nice. But it depends on the model you order. The 1970-1990 cars are mostly amazingly detailed. The late cars due to license are done by Burago (post 2019), which although they are much better than the old Burago are not nearly as good as the Hachette/IXO done models.

On a side note, you have a lot of printed wire wheels being done to a very high standard now, and they can be mounted on the older Ferrari cars to replace the molded wire wheels. The tires are in general very good.

Some of the most amazing models in this Hachette series are the 1970's and 1980's cars. Especially the 1980's turbo cars. I think this is the era the maker, IXO grew up in?? Alot of extra effort was put into those cars for some reason. For example, look at the Lotus 97T and Renault RE60. They also have almost all the Ferrari turbo cars planned for later this year including the C2, C2B and C4. I bet they will be well done.

https://www.centauria.it/piano-opera/le ... ferrari-f1

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Something like that, Tommy. But hardly this or a sentimental attachment might have an influence. :D though who knows, I’d also like to believe that.
But yes, the original Ixo stem was an 80s Portuguese company named Vittesse. They started with rally cars. Not great but yes a blow of fresh air. Then came turbo era F1. They were pesky to put it mild but cheap and ready. Later on they migrated production to China and the “externalised” factory ended up eating up the original one and so was born Ixo.
Maybe they had lots of reference material from the 80s 🤷‍♂️😃