Ffracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Paul
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Mercedes
United States of America

Re: Hachette F1 1/24th scale Championship models

Post by Ffracer »

Thanks very much! I'll be in Naples so I figure that will be my best shot.

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Update on the Hachette Italy 1/24th Ferrari F1 collection. Will go to 60 Ferrari F1 cars.

FERRARI FORMULA 1
01 Ferrari SF21 - Charles Leclerc - 2021 (SOLD OUT)
02 Ferrari F1-2000 - Michael Schumacher - 2000
03 Ferrari F1-75 - Charles Leclerc - 2022 (SOLD OUT)
04 Ferrari SF71H - Kimi Räikkönen - 2018 (SOLD OUT)
05 Ferrari 312 T4 - Gilles Villeneuve - 1979 (SOLD OUT)
06 Ferrari F1-89 - Nigel Mansell - 1989
07 Ferrari SF1000 - Charles Leclerc - Tuscan GP 1000 - 2020 (SOLD OUT)
08 Ferrari F2012 - Fernando Alonso - 2012
09 Ferrari 312 T - Niki Lauda - 1975 29/04/2023
10 Ferrari F2002 - Rubens Barrichello - 2002
11 Ferrari 312 T2 - Carlos Reutemann - 1976
12 Ferrari 375 F1 - José Froilán González - 1951
13 Ferrari 158 F1 - John Surtees - 1964
14 Ferrari F2003-GA - Michael Schumacher - 2003 15/07/2023
15 Ferrari 126 CK - Gilles Villeneuve - 1981 29/07/2023
16 Ferrari 248 F1 - Felipe Massa - 2006 12/08/2023
17 Ferrari 312 B - Clay Regazzoni - 1970 26/08/2023
18 Ferrari 412 T2 - Jean Alesi - 1995 09/09/2023
19 Ferrari F2007 - Kimi Räikkönen - 2007 23/09/2023
20 Ferrari F1-90 - Alain Prost - 1990 07/10/2023
21 Ferrari F1-75 - Charles Leclerc - 2022 - Italian Grand Prix 21/10/2023
22 Ferrari D50 - Juan Manuel Fangio - 1956 03/11/2023
23 Ferrari F399 - Eddie Irvine - 1999 18/11/2023
24 Ferrari F300 - Michael Schumacher - 1998 01/11/2023
25 Ferrari 246 F1 - Mike Hawthorn - 1958 16/12/2023
26 Ferrari F1-87/88C - Gerhard Berger - 1988 30/12/2023
27 Ferrari 312 T2 - Niki Lauda - 1977 13/01/2024

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

The Ferrari 312B 1970 from Hachette in 1/24th was just released with the Brabham BT49 and Ferrari 412 T2 early next month.

Here is a large photo of the 1/24th 312B. For a diecast it is very good, especially the body and wings. The centers for the wheels will have to be corrected as will the engine details and suspension arms.

The shape and designs of the wheels is correct as are the tires. The bolt pattern will need work on the front wheels. They even have the bolts that prevent the tires from slipping on the rims!!The body is amazing and even the wings have rivets!!

https://i.ibb.co/NxgpP18/IMG-3398.jpg

Oh, and by the way.... 29.90 Euro with no tax in Italy for the models!! Shipping is high for all models, although these models are not heavy.

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

I checked race day photos and the Firestone rings were only on the outside of the tires, so the model is correct. These guys do good research for the models.

I do think the rivets are oversized, but most of the added model rivets I see on larger models on this board are also oversized (including Hiro models). You could lightly sand them down and repaint for a better effect.

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Latest update on the Hachette 1/24th Ferrari F1 series. They are doing the 500F2, 312B3, 126C2, 312 T2 and T3....I think we should have almost all the Ferrari F1 cars by the end of this series. They vary, but most are very good and others amazing for diecasts.1956 D50 is out at the end of October. Use FPPM wheels to replace wire wheels.

https://www.centauria.it/piano-opera/le ... ferrari-f1

Ffracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Paul
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Mercedes
United States of America

Post by Ffracer »

Back from my recent Italy trip....no luck with any. I was in Positano, Sorrento and Naples. None of the newsstands I checked carried them unfortunately. I guess I'll have to look online. My thought is that I would have had success in cities like Rome, Milan or Florence. I had a tough time even finding the magazine Auto Sprint but I did finally pick up a few issues at the Naples ferry terminal. Still a pretty good trip though....

Corpsegrinder
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Italy

Post by Corpsegrinder »

Ffracer wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:46 pm Back from my recent Italy trip....no luck with any. I was in Positano, Sorrento and Naples. None of the newsstands I checked carried them unfortunately. I guess I'll have to look online. My thought is that I would have had success in cities like Rome, Milan or Florence. I had a tough time even finding the magazine Auto Sprint but I did finally pick up a few issues at the Naples ferry terminal. Still a pretty good trip though....
You couldn't find them because most of the newsagents in Italy only get the first two or three issues at most, then they wait for customers to show interest and book through them each issue. So they only get the exact number of cars/issue for those customers who are actually buying them, if no one's interested then they will not put on sale or get any more cars on display every week or month, because in case they are unsold they said to me it's really troublesome to return them back to the original seller.

When there's a new collection of cars, I always see the 1st and 2nd issue at each newstand, and I usually buy it :lol: But after that it's hard to find the following issues.
"In my days, the drivers used to go out after a race and chase girls. These days, they thank Vodafone" - Sir Stirling Moss

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Corpsegrinder wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:34 am
Ffracer wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:46 pm Back from my recent Italy trip....no luck with any. I was in Positano, Sorrento and Naples. None of the newsstands I checked carried them unfortunately. I guess I'll have to look online. My thought is that I would have had success in cities like Rome, Milan or Florence. I had a tough time even finding the magazine Auto Sprint but I did finally pick up a few issues at the Naples ferry terminal. Still a pretty good trip though....
You couldn't find them because most of the newsagents in Italy only get the first two or three issues at most, then they wait for customers to show interest and book through them each issue. So they only get the exact number of cars/issue for those customers who are actually buying them, if no one's interested then they will not put on sale or get any more cars on display every week or month, because in case they are unsold they said to me it's really troublesome to return them back to the original seller.

When there's a new collection of cars, I always see the 1st and 2nd issue at each newstand, and I usually buy it :lol: But after that it's hard to find the following issues.
On the Italian blogs they always say they sometimes run out and have to wait for the second re supply. The subscriptions are also slow. I know the easy way is to buy on ebay, but that is alot more expensive. You see these Hachette models for sale all over Europe on ebay, wich may explain why you have shortages in Italy?? Some of these models are fabulous and amazing while other are pretty good. All are much better than Burago other than the new cars wich are Burago(Burago is getting alot better). Hachette seems to like 1970's and 1980's cars best as those are always the most detailed and accurate. The Lotus 72 and all the Brabhams are great.

Corpsegrinder
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Italy

Post by Corpsegrinder »

F1tommy wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:53 am
Corpsegrinder wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:34 am

On the Italian blogs they always say they sometimes run out and have to wait for the second re supply. The subscriptions are also slow. I know the easy way is to buy on ebay, but that is alot more expensive. You see these Hachette models for sale all over Europe on ebay, wich may explain why you have shortages in Italy?? Some of these models are fabulous and amazing while other are pretty good. All are much better than Burago other than the new cars wich are Burago(Burago is getting alot better). Hachette seems to like 1970's and 1980's cars best as those are always the most detailed and accurate. The Lotus 72 and all the Brabhams are great.
I have talked to few owners of newsstands and all told me the same thing: unless a customer decides to buy and start the collection they won't keep it in-store, because if nobody buys it they have to return it to the supplier and it's a very troublesome procedure. I guess they have a point, they wanna be safe and order only the quantities customers need, I don't think it's because they cannot find any stock as they have priority over any other seller as long as the collection is running and not over.
"In my days, the drivers used to go out after a race and chase girls. These days, they thank Vodafone" - Sir Stirling Moss

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Planeta de Agostin offers the Ferraris of this collection in Spain, with the title "the great F1 Ferraris"

https://www.planetadeagostini.es/miniat ... WXEALw_wcB

I´ll get the first issue, priced at 15euro. The rest will cost 30, a bit more than the HAchette labelled series.
Obviously the relay on the Sainz factor (and the Alonso one, in the memory) to pull the sales. Ferrari stuff uses to work well in Spain while general F1 usually bombs a bit.
It seems we´ll not see the full F1 collection here, then.
I´m still hungry for them to complete the MotoGP 1/12 series, filling more blanks :wink: :lol: