1/8 Lotus 72 Pocher...

For all F1 scale model news...

bestbalsakits
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Re: 1/8 Lotus 72 Pocher...

Post by bestbalsakits »

pics of kits content in this build: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/ind ... pocher-18/

I'm confused. Are there both non painted & pre painted/tamponed parts in 1 kit?

Wim
Visit www.bestbalsakits.com for more hours of enjoyment.
Now also on Facebook ...

capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

Post by capri-schorsch »

Which parts do you mean Wim?
They look irritated pre-printed to me. The parts in the box looks like they are not painted but i think they are wrapped into something.
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

bestbalsakits
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bestbalsakits »

vs

First pic shows parts on sprues in standard black plastic, 2nd pic shows pre painted parts. Ain't there nose cone & rear wing in both pictures?

Wim
Visit www.bestbalsakits.com for more hours of enjoyment.
Now also on Facebook ...

capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

Post by capri-schorsch »

Looks like you are right.
But i think these are the underside of the wing and the nose. The hole in the wing could be the mounting point to the chassis.
Maybe only the outside is painted. Think someone told on Facebook that all painted parts are made from metal. These parts here are plastic i think .
Could that be possible?
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

It's an intriguing subject. Just for reference is the 1/8th MP4/4 prepainted as well?

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

SBEST wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:48 am It's an intriguing subject. Just for reference is the 1/8th MP4/4 prepainted as well?
If you are asking about the one made by Kyosho and formerly sold by ModelSpace then yes.

Grypham
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams
Canada

Post by Grypham »

I don't get it. A quite expensive, pre-finished, die-cast car ... some assembly required .... and even a lot of aftermarket detailing to reduce the toy-like look. Given the size, a large display case is required as well.

To each their own, but a hard pass for me. I liked their Ducati's much better.

allnie
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell. Lotus. McLaren.
Denmark

Post by allnie »

I remember I build the Pocher Ferrari Testarossa many years ago. It was also pre-painted on metal. But this is typically not polished metal. So, the finish of the paint job is not superb. But, on the other hand it makes it possible for the non-expert to get to a decent result. Also without having to fight with all those decals.
Br
Allan

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

allnie wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:59 pm I remember I build the Pocher Ferrari Testarossa many years ago. It was also pre-painted on metal. But this is typically not polished metal. So, the finish of the paint job is not superb. But, on the other hand it makes it possible for the non-expert to get to a decent result. Also without having to fight with all those decals.
The Testarossa is maybe best thought of as a 1/8 scale kit of a Bburago diecast. I built one too - and used it as a display prop before finally selling it on as it had no place in my collection.

It seems from other's comments that there are a lot of people who can only see the world through a filter of their own perspective. :roll:

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Me
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: My wife. Just kidding!
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

Grypham wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:32 pm I don't get it. A quite expensive, pre-finished, die-cast car ... some assembly required .... and even a lot of aftermarket detailing to reduce the toy-like look. Given the size, a large display case is required as well.

To each their own, but a hard pass for me. I liked their Ducati's much better.
Have you ever built a large scale model, especially one of modern design? There is nothing toy-like about them. If you just screw it together, you will have a decent model that will require a case. But even a bit of paint will elevate the kit to a higher standard. However, I agree, their bikes are better, but they are so big and their cases are even bigger, making them hard to display if you have more than one.

People pay many hundreds for a lump of resin with a fraction of the detail and gush over those less detailed models that are very hard to build and never look quite right. I’m happy with my stash 21 1/8 scale cars and 5 1/4 bikes. Can’t say my wife is as happy. But they are a lot of fun to find and more fun to build.

BYW, HAPPY NEW YEAR