BT44 1/20 3D Print

About making you own...

Topic author
formula.kits
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna, Piquet, Pryce, Osella, Lotus, Copersucar, Tyrrell, Minardi, RAM
Brazil

BT44 1/20 3D Print

Post by formula.kits »

Hi folks.

So, here I´m again after a long winter. Look the father and son :lol:
I know it´s not the same as traditional scratchbuilding but believe me when I say it´s really enjoyable indeed.
It took aprox. 10 hours to model in Blender more 4 hours to print. Now it´s time for the finish. See ya!
Attachments
04.jpg
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
Last edited by formula.kits on Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Re: BT44 1/20 3D Print

Post by steinietrabi »

It is not a traditional scratchbuilding but in any case at least as interesting and also has its pitfalls... :wink:

I love using 3D printing in addition to building with oldschool scratchbuilding and it offers so many possibilities. :D

Great thing in any case what you did there. You can do it even better with SLA!
Greetings Thomas

Topic author
formula.kits
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna, Piquet, Pryce, Osella, Lotus, Copersucar, Tyrrell, Minardi, RAM
Brazil

Post by formula.kits »

steinietrabi wrote:I love using 3D printing in addition to building with oldschool scratchbuilding and it offers so many possibilities. :D
Totally agree. Both ways have their technical limitations but using them combined increases good results. In 3D printing I could eliminate the assimetry issue... I´m gettin´old and my eyes started to betraying me, and there´s no doubt the final printed piece is far from ready, needs a lot of putty and sanding as any other kit :mrgreen:

Topic author
formula.kits
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Brazil

Post by formula.kits »

Greetings.

I had to gave up on first model. Some structural errors in the car and issues with the printing itself.
I think I improved the slicer settings and now I have a much more smooth surface which won´t give so much problems at the sanding.

Obs.: this is the 74 version... probably will be the Watson´s.
Attachments
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg