1/12 Tamiya Williams FW14B

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
crashfasano
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Michael Schumacher and anyone in front of Lewis Hamilton
Canada

Re: 1/12 Tamiya Williams FW14B

Post by crashfasano »

Got the semigloss done. Had to touch up a few edges where the tape was a little dodgy. I'm happy with it and that's the important part. Next up the cockpit bits.
Attachments
Monocoque rear
Monocoque rear
Monocoque Right side
Monocoque Right side
Rugby gets rid of the frustration!

Topic author
crashfasano
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Michael Schumacher and anyone in front of Lewis Hamilton
Canada

Post by crashfasano »

This showed up in my mail box from Grand Prix Models out of England. Was hunting around and found it reasonably priced and they had it in stock. :D It will add more detail to the under tray and the rear wing. I'm looking forward to playing with it.
Attachments
m_JPS_120210120_201931.jpg

Topic author
crashfasano
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Canada

Post by crashfasano »

I've started work on the Top Studio Cockpit Upgrade kit. I forgot I knew that many swear words. I'm surprised my tweezers aren't stuck in the drywall. The pin in the picture is 1-1/8" long. The bolt goes through a hole in the floor and then there's a washer to go over it and glue to hold it in place. Took a long time to figure out a way to make it work. It looks good when you get it done, but there was a lot of muttering going on. Good thing hockey's back, and I got an 8 pack of Guinness. :roll: Eventually put a drop of CA on the strap to hold the bolt in place, then used a piece of tape to hold it in place while I attached the washer on the back side. It was less of a struggle, but because of the small washers, it wasn't easy. On the upside, it's progress. :D
Attachments
Resin parts for Cockpit Upgrade primed
Resin parts for Cockpit Upgrade primed
Seat Belt attachment and mounting bolt.
Seat Belt attachment and mounting bolt.
Rear Cockpit wall with floor attached and Seat belt attachments mounted to floor
Rear Cockpit wall with floor attached and Seat belt attachments mounted to floor

Topic author
crashfasano
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Canada

Post by crashfasano »

Apparently it's winter again. :( I've had a busy summer building stuff in 1:1 scale and made a new friend. It really liked the bird seed. Still have to finish the deck and ramp for the dock, and the interior of the bunkhouse, but that's for next Spring/Summer. The water level at the lake this year was very, very low. We hardly had any rain in July and August. Droughts are great for sitting on the deck in shorts and having a beer while you tan. I hope everyone had as good a summer as I did, and now it's back to the FW14B. :D
Attachments
My New Friend
My New Friend
The New Bunkhouse
The New Bunkhouse
The New Dock
The New Dock

Topic author
crashfasano
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Canada

Post by crashfasano »

More progress on the cockpit wall and floor. I'm having a problem with paint and primer sticking to the resin bits. You can see in the first photo where I had to touch it up because it had come into contact with an edge of one of the clips. I used Tamiya light gray primer before coating it with Tamiya Flat Black mixed 2 Thinner/ 1 Paint. I have a bunch more resin parts to do, so I'm wondering if there's a better way, or I just have to be more careful. LOL! The the second photo shows one of the brass connectors and the wiring/hoses that go into the back of the cockpit. The fire extinguisher is still not glued down, I have to run some hoses underneath it and figure out exactly where it mounts so the seat will fit.
Attachments
Bottle clamps mounted on back wall
Bottle clamps mounted on back wall
More progress on the back wall and cockpit floor
More progress on the back wall and cockpit floor

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

Great work - on both projects !!! 👍👍

Topic author
crashfasano
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Canada

Post by crashfasano »

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. It's been snowing for two days. "Light Flurries" My A**!!!! :x Here's some more progress with the Top Studio Cockpit set. Next up is the Dash. :D
Attachments
Front view
Front view
Right side of Cockpit.
Right side of Cockpit.
Left Hand side of cockpit. Still need to add a couple connectors to attach wires to the side of the tub.
Left Hand side of cockpit. Still need to add a couple connectors to attach wires to the side of the tub.

steveracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Shadow
Jamaica

Post by steveracer »

crashfasano, can you supply a link to the photos so that we can view them in a larger format? They are too small to see the great effort that you are putting forth in this build.

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

Looking great!!

Topic author
crashfasano
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Canada

Post by crashfasano »

steveracer wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:03 pm crashfasano, can you supply a link to the photos so that we can view them in a larger format? They are too small to see the great effort that you are putting forth in this build.
Hi, Sorry, but I don't store the pictures on any other platform. I can try and make them a little larger with PhotoRazor.