1/12 new Sportscar by MFH

For rumors about F1 scale models...

Cratecruncher
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Re: 1/12 new Sportscar by MFH

Post by Cratecruncher »

Does anyone have one of these bad boys in their grubby mitts yet? I notice the usual distributors are already sold out of their allotments and curious to hear first impressions...

JMCARC1
F2
F2

Post by JMCARC1 »

jmpsebring wrote:(...) I'm impressed that it's that close. Once must allow for a +/- mm or so. Plus it is possible that a slight difference in angle could also have an effect. If everything was perfect...we are looking at a tail 2-3 mm too long? I can live with that. (...)
By this analysis, I think the major problem is with back ride weight. It is to high in the prototype photos and disturb all the shape of the car. The next picture compares the prototype in the current ride height with the Devodier blueprint:
MFH_330P4_04.jpg
The lateral "attachments" of the back spoiler seems to big in thickness and that too creates an to big engine cover and spoiler. And I'm a little afraid of the some gaps of the moveable parts.

But, in general, can be a very, very good model.... :D

João

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Having been a draftsmen in an earlier life I sort of grew up to believe those plans to be the truth. But for the most part they have been approximations of the car, especially those done for modelcar magazines as opposed to the original factory blueprints. With the model car blueprints I've always been wondering how much actual face to face time the artist had with the real car or whether it was all based upon photographs, which of course always have an issue with perspective being inherent in them. Ever tried taking a photo of a car directly from the side? Not so easy (if at all possible, really) without having some sort of perspective in the picture.
That being said, I'm still not entirely sold on the tail part of the car, the rear deck seems a bit off to me. However, that won't keep me from getting one, most likely via a friend who is suffering from a similar vintage racing (model collectors) bug as me.

In case anyone has received their kit yet, please share some pics of the kit content with us :)
Cheers,
Roman

DM
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by DM »

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

I did get the P4 and overall it looks very good. The rivet detail is all there and done like Tamiya would have done on a 1/32nd scale aircraft kit only larger, wich is not 100% accurate but still ok.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/collec ... t143962740

jaydar
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by jaydar »

[quote="F1tommy"]I did get the P4 and overall it looks very good. The rivet detail is all there and done like Tamiya would have done on a 1/32nd scale aircraft kit only larger, wich is not 100% accurate but still ok.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/collec ... t143962740[/quote
Have you thought about preparation of the body? How do you sand the surface and not remove the rivet detail?
joe.

MoFo
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by MoFo »

F1tommy wrote:The rivet detail is all there and done like Tamiya would have done on a 1/32nd scale aircraft kit only larger, wich is not 100% accurate but still ok.
Nah, Tamiya would have done raised rivets if they were that prominent.

Boo, Hiro! (though I'm still tempted to buy - I'll definitely grab a coupe)
Je ne regrette rien.

turboF1
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault Sport
United States of America

Post by turboF1 »

I have to agree the rear needs to be sanded down a little bit. To my eye the rear arches are suppose to be a bit more curved and overall rear slightly lower. I don't really have the money for this kit and I would rather save up for the up coming 312. This is a beautiful kit and I'm sure will regret not getting it in the future.

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

[ jaydar » 28 May, 2015 - 18:46

[quote="F1tommy"]I did get the P4 and overall it looks very good. The rivet detail is all there and done like Tamiya would have done on a 1/32nd scale aircraft kit only larger, wich is not 100% accurate.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/collec ... t143962740[/quote
Have you thought about preparation of the body? How do you sand the surface and not remove the rivet detail?
joe.]

I think the rivets are deep enough that they will not sand off. The kit does look very nice and the chassis well thought out. I am not sold on the nose. I think it is more a generic P4 nose based on #0856/#0858 and #0846 all rolled into one with the #0846 vent in the center. After seeing the Mini Delta kit I got spoiled with all the aluminum photo etched tub parts, outer chassis tub etch and rivets. But the Hiro has a very nice chassis and great engine/gearbox/suspension that can be superdetailed even more.
Last edited by F1tommy on Fri May 29, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sennafan
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari

Mansell
United States of America

Post by Sennafan »

Got mine in and review coming soon, tonight

Alex Hague