Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: FERRARI...
Great Britain

I have a theory...

Post by Tiffoc »

And it really is only a theory... OR IS IT :?: :?: :?: :shock:

I've got to somehow come to terms with the fact, that Herr Vettel won't be driving for the SCARLET COW anymore...
Why? is he going to Mercedes?... NO!
Is he going to M-m-m-m-Mc-m-m the M-Team?... NO!
He's going to be slinging his toys out of a Ferrari from next year...
What is Ferdy thinking of, what's happening in Ferrari...

But in the immortal words of John Cleese as Miss Anne Elk in a Monty Python Sketch:
" I have a theory "!!!
Back in 2013, Luca Cordero di Montezemolo started the Le Mans race and said:
" he'd like to see Ferrari racing back in Sportscars again "...
Then this year 2014 the race was started by Fernando Alonso and said:
" he'd like to race in the 24 heure Le Mans "
Also this year Luca stepped down as President of Ferrari, Fernando is rumoured to be leaving Ferrari F1 this year, with no guarantee of a seat in any other team. The M-Team says he's not going there, Scarlet Cow has Daniil Kvyat filling Herr Vettel's seat along side Daniel Ricciardo.
Mercedes is settled with their line-up and I can't see Ferdy going to a lesser team...
So my theory is could Luca be setting up a Ferrari Le Mans Series Team, along with Fernando Alonso as a Driver???
Or even a Driver Partner??? Dah! Dah! Daaaaahhhhh!!!

You heard it here first folks...
I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting, even when there's only a slightest chance.
Michael Schumacher

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Re: I have a theory...

Post by daveyman »

What is it with this 'throwing toys out of his pram' quote that only ever gets attributed to Vettell? He appears no more or less unstable than Alonso but we rarely he it about him. Certainly, emotionally, Lewis makes Seb looks like Spock. I

Topic author
Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Great Britain

Post by Tiffoc »

daveyman wrote:What is it with this 'throwing toys out of his pram' quote that only ever gets attributed to Vettell? He appears no more or less unstable than Alonso but we rarely he it about him. Certainly, emotionally, Lewis makes Seb looks like Spock. I
Daveyman...

Don't take me so seriously, It's all toungue in cheek!!!
The Only thing I'm taking seriously at the moment is, Jules Bianchi's well being... KEEPFIGHTINGJULES!!!

Everyone (not just the drivers,) in the pit lane is guilty of Toy Throwing at some stage or other Seb, Lewis, Ron Dennis. Remember our Nige, look at Senna...
Gilles Villeneuve my favourite Driver of all time, could stamp his foot, pout, sulk and fold his arms with all of 'em, It's all part of the theatre and entertainment of the F1 circus, a drama of Tragedy and Comedy of errors and successes...
I tease and jest like everyone else but I don't mean it!!!
I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting, even when there's only a slightest chance.
Michael Schumacher

generationx
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by generationx »

It´s a fine theory, but I can´t imagine Fernando is ready to leave F1 without another title under his belt. Besides, from inside the sport there have been no rumours of a Ferrari WEC team or hirings/staff movement to suggest it. Nissan started shouting about their entry a year ago (we haven´t seen the car yet).

But it would be nice to have the Prancing Horse back in a series where they belong...

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

It wasn't aimed at you Tiff. More just a general comment, like I said it's a recurring accusation levelled only against Vettell as if the other drivers are the most agreeable chaps on the planet.

phatjedi
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by phatjedi »

Theory sounds good except for this: Luca has no more ties with Ferrari so how could he start LeMans program?
Alonzo wants more F1 titles. What I think is weird is Alonzo screwed over McLaren when he left (Spy Gate) wouldn't be funny if Ron says come over and then says I was just kidding leaving him without a ride? Or would Ferrari screw over Kimi again and pay him not to drive?

The plot thickens.

:mrgreen:

Topic author
Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Great Britain

Post by Tiffoc »

phatjedi wrote:Theory sounds good except for this: Luca has no more ties with Ferrari so how could he start LeMans program?
Alonzo wants more F1 titles. What I think is weird is Alonzo screwed over McLaren when he left (Spy Gate) wouldn't be funny if Ron says come over and then says I was just kidding leaving him without a ride? Or would Ferrari screw over Kimi again and pay him not to drive?

The plot thickens.

:mrgreen:

Good valid points phatjedi:
But who says it has anything to do with Ferrari, apart from Ferrari building the cars to a customers design. Don't forget who & what he was not only at Ferrari, but also Fiat... He might of stepped down, but :roll:
If there's not a seat for Alonso in F1, how will he gain more F1 titles??? no matter how much he wants them!!! Unless 3rd seats are bought in :wink:
When they said he was going to the M-Team, I laughed my socks off, bovvered :P and come on, can you really see Kimi giving up his Choc-ices... again!!! :lol:

The plot needs mre gravy granules :mrgreen:
Michael Schumacher

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Sounds fun, but I am sorry to tell it won't happen.

Fernando's known to have said "I'll do..." some tomes before... I can tell.

He might have something signed on some Stuttgart paper for 2016. A la Prost. He might even cahn ge his name to "Fernando Alainso"

MoFo
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by MoFo »

Allow me to poke one very large hole through your theory (sorry):

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/magaz ... ferrari/2/

Piero Ferrari was interviewed by Motorsport Magazine recently, and said that it would be impossible to contest both F1 and WEC now, because both series require such massive financial and technological commitments.

So... no. And as generationx mentioned, even *if* they were going back to Le Mans, it would take a couple of years to spool up. There were lots of rumours floating around in May that Ferrari were going to use this year's race to announce an LMP1 project, but... nothing. If they didn't announce anything back then, there's ZERO chance they'll be on the grid next year.

Now let me REALLY ruin your day... :twisted:

There's currently a rumour floating around that Alonso is going to retire/take a hiatus at the end of the season. He would rather go bicycling. http://gas2.kinja.com/alonso-signs-25-m ... 9/+pgeorge
Je ne regrette rien.

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Ferrari will probably pay him off and then rehire when they pay Seb Vet off. In the meantime I can directly quote Kimis reaction ' '.