Topic author
racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Stefano Domenicali exit??

Post by racingkars »

The rumour all over Facebook/Twitter is, Stefano Domenicali left Ferrari.
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: FERRARI...
Great Britain

Re: Stefano Domenicali exit??

Post by Tiffoc »

Well I guessed it might happen...

It was just a case of when, was it also a polite " your sacked " lets see what transpires, might be just (as said) a rumour :|
I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting, even when there's only a slightest chance.
Michael Schumacher

Dinomarko
F3
F3
Your Name: Dino
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Fernando Alonso / Ferrari
Croatia

Post by Dinomarko »

Nothing good came with Stefano,i'm sorry to say that,but Fernando was wasting his years at Ferrari. He is multiple world champion material and he got second places in horrible cars like F2012,and in 2nd/3rd cars on grid cars like F10.
Hope for a Ross Brawn return.

Robban
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by Robban »

I hope its true, something major needs to be done at Ferrari..

Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: FERRARI...
Great Britain

Post by Tiffoc »

Dinomarko wrote:but Fernando was wasting his years at Ferrari. He is multiple world champion material and he got second places in horrible cars like F2012,and in 2nd/3rd cars on grid cars like F10.
Hope for a Ross Brawn return.

I agree with you, but lets not forget it took Schumi 5 years before he started clocking up the championships...

Yes, they should speak to Ross, but not as the Team Princible, a more senior position like CEO, whether or not he'd accept is another matter...
I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting, even when there's only a slightest chance.
Michael Schumacher

baggen
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, Ferrari
Sweden

Post by baggen »

59hrld
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Richard
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alan jones
Netherlands

Post by 59hrld »

Just read on Autosport that it is no longer a rumor!
He stept down..........or was forced to :oops:

Richard

jaws
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: JAWS
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Driver Lando Norris/ McLaren
United States of America

Post by jaws »

This just shows how bad things are at Ferrari this year. When things are not going good the bosses normally get the AX.
Look at what McLaren has done after a terrible season last year. None of this is a surprise just the timing.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

As they say in spanish: "Shepherds meeting ---> dead sheep". In this case shepherds were Luca and Fernando, I'd say.

It's never a good thing, though it's also good if finally brings good results. We have just impressions about Stef's abilities, and we cannot judge. A bit, let's face it, as about drivers: we honestly don't have but a far ckue of what they're worth.

One of those Ferrari pundits (Rosso profondo blog) was reflecting about irony of Aldo Cosat being sacked and now succeeding at Mercedes. He also sensibly says it's nevcer fully blame/merit of someone all the success or the bad results.

Yes, Schumi took 5 years to win the title OK. But:
1-he found Ferrari in a MUCH WORSE situation that Alonso did
2-he also came quite near at 2nd and 3rd try.... well like Alonso anyway
3-without something as unusual as the Silverstone accident, there's little doubt he'd done it in '99
4-Schumi's contribution in terms of setting up was doubtlessly quite important... something that starts to be a doubt about Fernado's abilities on that (beyond what we may say without any substantial grounds) but then also today's f1 has seen driver's role (in terms of developement) vanish virtually to zero.

Nevertheless Alonso (and thus, Ferrari) might well have won '10, '12 and the nwith Massa '08 titles. And we'd be talking about a whole different story, both for Dom and Alonso.
But then John Watson, Carlos Reutemann, Laffite, Ligier, might have been the confirmed heroes they finally never were... or Prost have nine titles.

It reminds me the story of Renault's Gerard Lrousse, some 30 years ago: "So as there's no one left to sack, I'd rather sack myself"
That said, I'm not usually a fan of head axing. It's too much a football club policy.
And the fact they replace Dom with a guy with NO RACING experience... :roll: :roll:
I remember when the panic crisis of late eighties/early nineties, they started putting up there people from FIAT with much corporate, zero racing feedback. Results were bad... till they chose Todt, a guy with "certain" racing experience.

I seriously doubt the channge will be to good, honestly
J

FORZAFERRARI
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by FORZAFERRARI »

Domenicali made this decision on his own, The word on the street is that
Di montezemolo gave him till spain spain to improve the performence, So he had 2 races left but he's wise enough to know that that is way to short so he kept the honour to himself.

You cant compare these days with the Shumi/Todt/Brawn era, They had unlimeted testing with a 24/7 development/testing program and most of all a unlimeted budget.
Cheers,
Remco