M23 1973 Yardley WIP

A special Forum for the McLaren M23 series of F1 race cars.

Starr
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Re: M23 1973 Yardley WIP

Post by Starr »

You are doing a excellent job. I also make my own a/n fitting when I need them :-)

Please, keep the updates coming ;-)

Thanks for share your w.i.p.

Starr
Classic Plastic Model Club - Lowell, MA

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

You mention trouble with the top of the monocoque, what issues have you had? Everything looks good to me, look forward to seeing this one finished.

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

Looking good. I really like seeing Peter Revson getting some recognition.

Topic author
adamg1987
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by adamg1987 »

daveyman wrote:You mention trouble with the top of the monocoque, what issues have you had? Everything looks good to me, look forward to seeing this one finished.
This is the current top piece it reacted when I painted the tamiya rattle cans over the primer there must of been some sort of contaminate on the primer, in the future I will use some sort of panel wipe.

smbrm1
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: BRM, Lotus, Ferrari
Canada

Post by smbrm1 »

Adamg1987

Had some time to take a closer look. Very clean building. Should look great completed.

Cheers

F1FANRH
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by F1FANRH »

Just read thru your thread, any progress. Nice clean build sytle and look forward to more. This happens to be a fav of mine and I too started a Peter Revson build, but alas, never completed it.
Rick
I feel the need, the need for speed.........

Topic author
adamg1987
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by adamg1987 »

Hi Rick, yeah I have been following all your McLaren builds as I have the 76 Transkit I have commented on your threads a few times bugging you for progress :)

I have made some progress but unfortunately as I'm in the progress of moving out of my current home time has been sparse and I wont have a modelling area much longer.

Hopefully I will get this one buttoned up before that happens but I'm in no rush as I don't want to ruin it! I have yet to finish a model and this one is close!

The fourth and final top body part has been completed and attached, I'm not too happy with the seam but I started this way before I read about people making there kits seamless doh!

I have attached the engine and started work on the rest of the oil plumbing.

I will get some some updated pictures up this weekend hopefully and maybe a little more progress.

Adam

Topic author
adamg1987
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by adamg1987 »

Here are pics only a few months after I said I would upload some, progress has come to a halt I have no where to paint anymore so the few bits I need to finish will have to wait!

Pictures of the engine attached to body with the top half of body attached.

I have made a start on making up the rest of the a/n fittings as seen towards rear of car.

I can't find any reference pictures of how the seat belts attached but I wasn't happy with the tamiya way so I installed some buckles and rivets to look more realistic I understand this may not be accurate but the whole car isn't a 100% replica so I'm ok with that.

Topic author
adamg1987
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by adamg1987 »

Making some more progress, i have managed to route the wiring from the back of the instrument cluster to the rear of the car using top studio fasteners, i used a drop of c/a glue to attach the fasteners at various points down the cockpit.

Once dry i routed the wires through the fasteners and wrapped the tie pieced around the wires using some tweezers.

My next problem is trying to route my braided hoses from the fuel pump around the roll hoop as i appear to have little room :/ im taking it slow as i dont want to mess it up.

CBartholomew4677
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Chris Bartholomew
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Forza Ferrari!!!
United States of America

Post by CBartholomew4677 »

Just caught up with your build, and very impressed!! I really like your scratch-built A/N Fittings, they look great!
It's always a challenge to figure out where all the plumbing and wiring begins, ends and routes through it all, but it's kinda fun, eh? Looking forward to seeing some more progress on the Macca.
Cheers,
Chris