Topic author
Shunter
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alfa Romeo, McLaren, Williams
Australia

*It is Now Official* Mark Webber to race for Porsche in 2014

Post by Shunter »

The rumours have sparked up yet again about Mark's future and what he will do in 2014. The local press have gone nuts since Radio Le Mans made the announcement yesterday...
http://motorsportmodeller.blogspot.com. ... -mans.html
Last edited by Shunter on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: FERRARI...
Great Britain

Re: Mark Webber to race for Porsche in 2014

Post by Tiffoc »

Shunter wrote:The rumours have sparked up yet again about Mark's future and what he will do in 2014. The local press have gone nuts since Radio Le Mans made the announcement yesterday...
http://motorsportmodeller.blogspot.com. ... -mans.html

Hi Shayne.

This actually makes a lot of sense for Mark, I've long been a supporter of his, I wanted to see him end his F1 career in a Ferrari. I feel all the teams he's been with in F1, haven't really given him the best opportunity to perform to his proper ability. This weekend is proof of that, again :?
I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting, even when there's only a slightest chance.
Michael Schumacher

Topic author
Shunter
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Australia

Post by Shunter »

Tiffoc wrote: Hi Shayne.

This actually makes a lot of sense for Mark, I've long been a supporter of his, I wanted to see him end his F1 career in a Ferrari. I feel all the teams he's been with in F1, haven't really given him the best opportunity to perform to his proper ability. This weekend is proof of that, again :?
I agree 100% i would so have loved to see Mark in a red suit and car.....if he does go to Porsche maybe they can paint it red.... :D

Paul_OFarrell
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Your Name: Paul O'Farrell
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Paul_OFarrell »

Hi All,

That's pure papertalk, nothing else. Webber hasn't lost this season's championship just yet.

Cheers, Paul
Sydney, Oz.

Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Great Britain

Post by Tiffoc »

Paul_OFarrell wrote:Hi All,

That's pure papertalk, nothing else. Webber hasn't lost this season's championship just yet.

Cheers, Paul
Sydney, Oz.
Hi Paul.

I agree, but even if it's not true and if the talks with Ferrari really are over, this is an excellent path for Mark to take. I think Shayne, certainly I, believe this is just idle rumour and tittle tattle, started by an eager beaver news-hound, in the Pit Lane. Even-so, its still makes for good debate :wink:
I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting, even when there's only a slightest chance.
Michael Schumacher

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

As much as I like Mark, you've got to admit that he's not quite from the top drawer. He kinda reminds me of David Coulthard, good on the circuits he's good on but unable to maintain it for a full season. I think it's definitely time he left team fizzy drink but I can't see another team that's a good fit for him sadly.

billgtp
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapmans Lotus, James Hunt
United States of America

Post by billgtp »

daveyman wrote:As much as I like Mark, you've got to admit that he's not quite from the top drawer. He kinda reminds me of David Coulthard, good on the circuits he's good on but unable to maintain it for a full season. I think it's definitely time he left team fizzy drink but I can't see another team that's a good fit for him sadly.
will put I agree

Bigasshammm
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by Bigasshammm »

If true it would probably be a good fit for him and for the new Porsche team. They'd want a savvy veteran to help them with the setups and such. Would they be able to pay him though? I don't see him as a pay to drive driver since he's done it for so long.

I couldnt see him going to Ferrari with Alonso there. It's clear he's not real comfortable being a defined #2 and that's exactly what whoever replaces Massa will be. If Massa is even replaced. He's doing so well why replace him there? He accepts his role and is back to performing about as good as he once did.

I still see Webber going home and driving V8 supercars fr the pure joy of driving. He'd immediately be one of the most popular drivers at the circuits.

Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Great Britain

Post by Tiffoc »

Bigasshammm wrote:If true it would probably be a good fit for him and for the new Porsche team. They'd want a savvy veteran to help them with the setups and such. Would they be able to pay him though? I don't see him as a pay to drive driver since he's done it for so long.

I couldnt see him going to Ferrari with Alonso there. It's clear he's not real comfortable being a defined #2 and that's exactly what whoever replaces Massa will be. If Massa is even replaced. He's doing so well why replace him there? He accepts his role and is back to performing about as good as he once did.

I still see Webber going home and driving V8 supercars fr the pure joy of driving. He'd immediately be one of the most popular drivers at the circuits.

He co-owns a successful Public House come Restaurant come Guest House in Buckinghamshire England with his partner. Might not want to leave UK...
Michael Schumacher

Topic author
Shunter
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Australia

Post by Shunter »

Mark has always made it clear he will not race in V8 Supercars, it is shame as im sure plenty of teams would love to have him as an eduro driver. I see the vibe around Casey Stoner and he is only driving in the feeder class. Time will tell and it is interesting that there has been no denial as yet....