Dede
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Dede
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: ....
Ireland

Re: 1/20 Lotus 72 in plastic!

Post by Dede »

smirkoff wrote:Personally I think it makes more commercial sense for Tamiya, Fujimi or Hasegawa at the moment to consider a Sauber kit, as the japanese market is always the main target. Kobayashi's performances are increasingly demonstrating that the guy's a real deal, and it's not impossible to see him in a front team in the next few years. They lose the chance when Sato-mania was at its peak years ago, maybe now it's time to avoid to do the same mistake again...

But obviously I'd love to have a 1/20 Type 72!!
A bit off topic but I was suprised we didn't get a 2009 kobayashi Toyota TF109 from Tamiya, lets face it all the ingredients were there for the domestic Japanese market, but you might be correct, perhaps a Sauber might pop up yet.
Dede.

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

A 1/20 Lotus 72. Another one for my stash, bring it on. I'd pass on the Sauber though. Not sure about RB6, still hate the way the wide wing cars look. So ungraceful and clumsy. Yuck!

Obi-Jiff
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Obi-Jiff »

Put me down for both! I already have a couple of resin 72Ds, but I'd happily buy another half a dozen or more 72 kits in 1/20; if it's Hasegawa, it's likely (given their history of getting the most out of moulds) that they'd do at least the 1970, 1972 and 1973 versions of the basic type, and I'd like at least two of each, plus some for conversions.

As for the RB6, it would be fantastic to have something recent and plastic in 20th other than a Ferrari. Also, if Vettel carries on the way he's started, the kit will be out in time to catch the market for those wanting to celebrate his second championship later this year, so it should be a winner for Tamiya.
Some say he believes Star Wars is a documentary...

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo
Switzerland

Post by BMW »

A 72 would be very welcome, as would a 49 or two. These cars should be on any manufacturers short list of "kits to do".

RB6 and C30... not so much. These cars are not really that interesting apart from their drivers.
Tyrrell 003, McLaren MP4/2, Ferrari 156, 312, 312B series on the other hand... ;)
Currently building:
Alfa Romeo 159 (since 2021)
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

JM
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
Germany

Post by JM »

Having spent quite a lot of money buying several MM versions of Lotus 49 and 72 kits I would hate to see them coming out in plastic. But that's only my personal selfish view of things :D.
On the other hand I do not really believe it will happen.

Topic author
Terry
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chris Amon
New Zealand

Post by Terry »

As announced on the plastic thread http://www.ebbro.co.jp/news11.html
WOOHOO :!: 8) :lol:

I'm two for two this year. I also predicted Tamiya would retool the Yamato in 1/350. I wish my "Jedi" powers could extend to speeding up my glacial build pace though :oops: :mrgreen:

Alonsofan
Midfield
Midfield

Post by Alonsofan »

Formulanone wrote:As announced on the plastic thread http://www.ebbro.co.jp/news11.html
WOOHOO :!: 8) :lol:

I'm two for two this year. I also predicted Tamiya would retool the Yamato in 1/350. I wish my "Jedi" powers could extend to speeding up my glacial build pace though :oops: :mrgreen:
Please predict a RB6 or RB7 :D
Dino Marko

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

Another clue..... MFH pit figures have Gold Leaf Decals as well. Ok, they had the 49B-C and 72C cars as well. But that has been awhile.

I am looking forward to. Rindt, and I have only seen videos of him was a legend. Had he lived.... I think you would have seen another championship and a presence in F1 today (Bernie E. buddy).

Simply, very excited for this offering.

Steve

derek_hallett
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by derek_hallett »

If I understand the google translated announcement on the ebbro website, it says the model is to be unveiled at Tamiya Fair 2011 this weekend. I anyone going to this event and can check this out further for us?

Derek