1/20 Ferrari 641/2 by Fujimi

For all F1 scale model news...

Robban
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by Robban »

tamiya is working hard on their 1:48 tanks and figures so dont bet on it.. but would be great

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

iamf1 wrote:I don't know what Ferrari's licensing rules are, but they seem to issue a license to everyone that wants to build a Ferrari..............sensible.
Yep. Better to make a little money and raise the company profile a bit than make no money and no extra exposure.

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

Yeah the Ferrari license thing is interesting. I'm completely guessing here, but I wonder if their approach isn't to grant a kind of 'term license' rather than a 'product license'? It seems that when a company starts making Ferrari kits, they do a whole bunch, including all sorts of random variations that you wouldn't do if you had to pay a meaningful license charge for each new product. Its possible its something like an annual subscription and then a percentage of the sale price of each item.

the pattern of product releases just seems to different to a Lotus (for example) where a model company will often do just one kit and then leave it sitting for a while.

As i say, pure speculation. the better view is probably that the kits just sell !! ;-)

generationx
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by generationx »

Just glad to see that new 1/20th F1 kits are appearing, Ferrari or not! If we continue on the Red theme, I'd love any of the 312T series (don't need a T3), then the eighties stuff continuing at 126C2B. Hell, just back-catalogue the whole of Ferrari F1!

Alex_Kung
World Champion
World Champion
Your Name: Alex Kung
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Gilles Villeneuve
Ferrari
Canada

Post by Alex_Kung »

It is a catch 22 for me. I built the 1:12 Tamiya and I don't know if I would want to build a 1:20 one. Then again I want ot support FUjimi so that they will continue making 1:20 kits. So yes I will buy one or more of these kits with the hope that they will make more. The other option is not to buy any and risk that there will be no more 1:20 styrene kits form Fujimi and I will have to revert back to resin kits.

Of course I will not blindly support Fujimi. If they produce crap then I will not buy it and advise others not to buy it.

Teles
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Copersucar-Fittipaldi
Brazil

Post by Teles »

I'll buy two as I did with the other Fujimi F1 kits.

reno
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by reno »

I'm hoping the next release isn't a F92AT cause I just paid a small fortune for a Modelers kit on e-bay! :roll:

DVST8R
F2
F2

Post by DVST8R »

As a Ferrari fan I am happy to see it. As a F1 modeler, I am happy to see any new F1 kits. I don't care what cars they release, I will buy them.

BullittStang
Backmarker
Backmarker
Your Name: Joe
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nigel Mansell
United States of America

Post by BullittStang »

reno wrote:I'm hoping the next release isn't a F92AT cause I just paid a small fortune for a Modelers kit on e-bay! :roll:
I'm actually hoping for an F93A, just because I don't want to spend a fortune for and F92AT and then try to convert it.

Joe A.

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo
Switzerland

Post by BMW »

Personally I would have hoped for a late 1960s car, as they look cooler, and the 641/2 is pretty close to the F189/F190 that Tamiya made.
But its still a welcome addition.

Hope they make some more F1 kits! :)
Currently building:
Alfa Romeo 159 (since 2021)
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)