ferrari f1-2000 top studio build

Ask away...

Topic author
old-fan
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

ferrari f1-2000 top studio build

Post by old-fan »

does anyone have the web based more detailed instructions than those contained within the top studio set? i saw a link on this site but could not make it work due to software issues and being almost entirely computer illiterate! i think i can handle a file sent to my e mail however....anyway as it is i'm stuck as the "instructions" that come with the set seem illegible to me? also if anyone might recomend referance materiel i'd be very thankfull as there seems to be a lot out there on this car with varying price tags...cheers chaps! Andy

CeeElle

RE: ferrari f1-2000 top studio build

Post by CeeElle »

i haven't seen the web-based instructions for the Top Studio kit and can't help you there, but two excellent references for the F1-2000 are the "Perfect File F1-2000" by F1 Magazine and "Ferrari Formula 1: Under the Skin of the Championship-Winning F1-2000" by Peter Wright. you can find the Perfect File on eBay with some regularity, and the book is available at amazon.com. be warned... they're both pricey, but indespensible.

AJP01
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

RE: ferrari f1-2000 top studio build

Post by AJP01 »

The Perfect File book is enough for most builds - there are great detail photos in there and a race-by-race analysis of the aero configurations. The Peter Wright book is fantastic - more detail than I've ever seen on any F1 car, ever, but unless you're planning on a super, super detailed build the Perfect File should be enough. There are also many photos of this car in the public domain (Gurneyflap.com for example), so you should be in good shape.

Let us know if you get stuck and we'll be glad to help - several people on the forum have built this car.

Best of luck,
AJ