F1 Safety Car

Ask away...

De21
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams
Germany

Post by De21 »

CaptainMark wrote:Can someone please post that YouTube link of Hamilton behind the safety car...?
The FOM banned the video from youtube aswell as all other vids they find...

but they didn't check these sites :lol:
http://www.dailymotion.com/search/hamil ... pone_sport
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/2471084

ahh the web is just great :lol: :lol:

And something on topic :wink:, .pdf file about the Safetycar + Driver infos, rules etc...
http://sponsoring.allianz.com/nopi_down ... 0Car_1.pdf

TOGA

Post by TOGA »

Looks to me (after seeing the video). That in the preceding right hander the SC takes a wide line and Hamilton the inside. This seems to cause him to catch up to the SC quite rapidly, and to avoid overtaking the SC Hamilton has to brake, and then he takes a wide line in the the next left hander (with the SC in the inside). So looks to me as if LH was simply trying to avoid going past the SC.

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

Great video.

Nice work lewis..... i see a penalty on the horizon....

DVST8R
F2
F2

Post by DVST8R »

Anyone think he might get a penalty because Alonso didn't finish? Gotta keep the championship alive until the last round!
Ahh I love a good conspiracy theory!

little-cars
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by little-cars »

Strange incident.
Looks to me like he either carried to much speed into the corner or aquaplaned and slowed to avoid/avoid passing the daftey car. He was off the normal line when the incident occurred, so something wasn't right.

These are supposed to be the best drivers in the world, they should know about breaking distances in wet conditions and how to keep a safe distance away from the car in front.

Normally it would be classed as a racing incident, but in the current climate anything could happen.................

Post by Guest »

Actually, it looked to me as if Webber was to fast and on his way to overtake Hamilton (who seems not really to be doing anything wrong) and then Vettel hits him because he realizes/sees (look at the spray!) this too late???

roly01
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by roly01 »

I jsut read on a Dutch F! site that Hamilton will get no penalty. But also Vettel's 10 place down the grid penalty is withdrown.

The stewarts made this desision after speaking with the drivers and seeing the videoclip from youtube.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Imagine spanish press reactions... HO HO HO!

Seiiki
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Fangio
Canada

Post by Seiiki »

I saw the video, and everyone can draw their own conclusions. Simply put, the safety car slows down and Lewis was rapidly catching it. To avoid hitting the car he did a sensible thing and went wide. Webber stayed on the inside line but he was still a couple of car lengths behind and not even braking that hard. Vettel just fell asleep or blinded by the spray from the Red Bull and just clobbered him. To simply even bring up an investigation like this several days after the checkered flag shows just how much of an incompetent morons (especially Max Mosley) are in the administration of the FIA. (I am saying this very, very nicely. I got other choice words for that guy but rather not saying it for the family viewing members). Had they put a penalty on Lewis, regardless of the outcome, fans should not even bother showing up or watching the race. This season is exciting but the management of the FIA made it worse than Britney Spears or Paris Hilton.

Enough,
Canice
Canice

stuartmasson
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by stuartmasson »

Actually i think that the investigation was justified and that the verdict was correct. The stewards have a duty to consider evidence that is presented, and this was a transparent way of doing it. The video showed Hamilton on an unusual line and at a very slow pace, which clearly caught Webber and Vettel unawares. However, there needed to be more footage of what had been transpiring in the laps leading up to the incident to see if Hamilton had been driving like that the whole time or if this was a one-off move. In the lack of complete evidence the case was dismissed. All handled correctly as far as i am concerned, and praise is due to the FIA in this instance.

stuart