F1 Article By Kate Wagner's - Outstanding!

For all F1 scale model news...

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Re: F1 Article By Kate Wagner's - Outstanding!

Post by indycals »

tubegenius wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:56 am How much does a 2 hour Taylor Swift concert cost these days?
Expensive, but still way cheaper than F1 in the US. And you get a better show. I'm not rich, but I do pretty well and I have no mortgage, I can afford to go see my favorite band in other countries. For what I'd spend on 1 US race I can to 2 or 3 trips to Europe to see my favorite band. And I'd get a hell of a lot more entertainment out of it.

woodgp
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: j.wood
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: williams
Canada

Post by woodgp »

remember when it was just car racing , now between all the electronics etc ...not really the same thing, remember the shift lever ..lol!
anyway now liberty media will do the same to MotoGP , shame about ticket prices they will keep going up until it all goes down the drain !
guys just feel Lucky we were around for the best of it ...... as the world turns !!!

Topic author
SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

woodgp wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:37 am Lucky we were around for the best of it ......
My sentiments too. For me the 80's through 90's were my favorite period. Loved going to Montreal and Detroit on consective weekends. Those were the days.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

It´s one of the better good old fashioned journalism (in the good sense) samples I have read in a long time.
Biased? sure. Showing her opinion? yes.
Well built and well written, absolutely.
Me, I have passed a similar experience (1 or probably 2 magnitude orders underneath) when I was invited to a Ferrari Finals Festival in Valencia. I had VIP pass (the thing came from a watch brand thanks to my wife´s job) and went thru places where tons of food and other luxuries flowed.
I was impressed in a similar scale.
I understand this woman.
Yes, Outstanding! :D