Post away...

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Re: Aftermarket parts for the beemax Lotus 99T

Post by stubeck »

Let's all take a breath so we can calm down. Talk about how crap or amazing a kit is as much as you want, but the personal attacks need to stop. We're here to build car models, and just like we all have different skill levels, there are going to be different opinions about them. None is right or wrong, but we can all share what we think and discuss if we have a different opinion respectfully.

If you can't find a nice way to talk to someone, please refrain from commenting. To be clear, you can say how terrible a kit is as much as you want, but be respectful to other members here.

seamus
Team Owner
Team Owner
Your Name: Sean
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Great Britain

Post by seamus »

plastiksurgeon wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:55 pm Well considering how much everybody hates it, I'm having a good time with it ! Of course, there are some little shortcomings like that oil tank on the transmission and some body lines that need sanding down, but overall I really like it. I've never felt that a model should put itself together or what am I for ?

And the accompanying detail set from Beemax is an amazing value at 68 bucks. Nicest photo etch Wing plates I've ever seen, and it includes camel decals, and countless sheets of templated carbon. I did see a lot on the other post about high price of 250 to 300 Euros, .... But I only have about $250 in mine, including the detail set. HLJ....

I'm just happy to have this car available in 12th scale.

Cheers,
Steve
Great to hear Steve, I've resisted this one as I built the Tamiya 1/20 kit a few years back and went to town with details and aftermarket, but you are right it seems this kit has more people whinging then those praising. I'm not a huge builder of 1/12 but it does seem people feel that the value for money with this kit is the issue and it does strike be some folks seems to be expecting the world with this kit... but you are also spot on in that the Beemax aftermarket set is considered great value and very good. The Meng MP4/4 seems to be going the same way with many stating it just doesn't look right and some downright slamming it, but then others seem to like it, I've not seen either of them up close yet so can't say either way.

But I love your mindset in that all these little niggles can be fixed easily, surely that can be seen as part of the fun and the feeling of reward when completed. Best of luck with it, always love seeing your completed stuff and the amazing level of photography. :-)

Sennafan
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari

Mansell
United States of America

Post by Sennafan »

I have almost finished the MP4/4 and I think it is just fine , and I’ve built the MFH version

The beauty of the Meng kits is they attach together almost without glue

The pics I have seen of some of the 99T kits brings me pause, I have the MFH almost 90% done

The detail set for the Beemax 99T is good value

I’m surprised at the pics of some of the parts as I have a lot of Beemax/Nunu kits and I think they are all great to be honest in 1/24 and 1/20

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

Noticed this:
https://www.sidepod.de/product_info.php ... kaRrB6Dti8

Maybe of interest to some of you.
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Looks like the usual Beemax upgrade set, only at a higher price
Take a stand!

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

As a heads up, I moved some of the offtopic posts in here out of the thread.

woodgp
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: j.wood
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: williams
Canada

Post by woodgp »

good man..sir