Gorf
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Steve
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Re: 1/12 Lotus 99t NUNU

Post by Gorf »

Definitely do not break or misplace a part.I broke a rear suspension arm and wrote to ask about a replacement and reading between the lines, their reply said"We don't have enough kits so please don't ask for a replacement part!"
Even with some of the difficulties with the kit it is really good to see it selling this well.
Maybe this will lead to other companies coming out with more offerings.
Steve

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH44
Germany

Post by scaleautofactory »

Paul_OFarrell wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:41 am
atlantakat11 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:45 pm
scaleautofactory wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:13 pm Question to the profis - I struggle with the ejector marks on the diffusor. How to remove them, especially the marked.
IMG_4588.jpeg
Jeez, you received the most god awful copy of this kit!

You should send some of your pictures to BeeMax.

They owe you another kit because yours looks nothing like mine.

@Torsten: May I ask if you have considered contacting Beemax / NuNu directly regarding the issues you have with this kit? Surely, the list of issues in your particular kit could be corrected by contacting Beemax / NuNu with an appropriately written message.

Please do the forum a favour - do contact Beemax / NuNu and let us know of the eventual outcome.

Cheers, Paul
Sydney, Oz
I already did - because the "problems" are on both off my kits - the answer:
"It is a unavoidable mold seam on both sides of the cowl and also unavoidable ejector marks on large parts.
The modeller need to sand down the excess smoth."
No comment regarding the crack in the floor (yes i know, putty and sand down solve the issue) and the scratches on the diffusor yet.

First i was sure, i made the scratches during my sanding session:
IMG_4592.jpeg
But, these scratches are also on the other kit to.

Diffusor from the second kit:
IMG_4591.jpeg
Diffusor from the first kit after todays 6 hour sanding session - need some more finer sanding to get a clean surface at the end.
IMG_4590.jpeg
Okay, finally: due comments like "bitching", "so much crying", "acting like a child" - i will stop here with posting any details of the kit or my progress - because looks like everyone is happy with the kit and i'm the only one who expect quality for the price of this kit.
I will not leave like other but i wll be quiet to make the other members happy.

Thanks.

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

Those marks in the red circles are very likely in the tool, so any replacement part will be the same. If they didn't fix it before production they won't do it later. Money and timing issues it seems and someone decided to "live with it".

Nobody said you're not allowed to complain about mistakes in a product. Especially when you prove it. That's what we're here for among other things.
Just don't take it so personal if someone sees it differently.
We're dealing with opinions here and not absolute truths.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

I never thought different opinions about a model kit would mean multiple people stop posting here. Sorry to see people go...

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

scaleautofactory wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:34 am Okay, finally: due comments like "bitching", "so much crying", "acting like a child" - i will stop here with posting any details of the kit or my progress - because looks like everyone is happy with the kit and i'm the only one who expect quality for the price of this kit.
I will not leave like other but I will be quiet to make the other members happy.

Thanks.
Please continue to post your observations and efforts with this kit. Absolutely amazed that some members think those comments you quote above are in any way acceptable. Sick and bloody tired of reading snide, snarky and rude comments about different people's levels of interest and ability in dealing with the trials and tribulations of building these kits and if I see one more along the lines of someone being a kit assembler instead of a model builder I think I may vomit. Some of you need to get over yourselves and have a bit more civility and understanding.

Inuyasha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Germany

Post by Inuyasha »

I would be more then happy to see your progress and everything around that kit, so please keep posting Torsten!

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH44
Germany

Post by scaleautofactory »

The decals from the addon kit are quite good.
Some decal softener and a hairdryer helps to fit the decals on the Increased shapes of the monocoque.
The etched metal disc glues with glue vom Revell - contacta clear.
Not 100% perfect, for me its good enough.
IMG_4918.jpeg
IMG_4920.jpeg

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Thanks for the update!

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Good to have you back, nice update!
Take a stand!

Gorf
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Steve
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by Gorf »

Looks good.I agree that the decals from the upgrade kit look good and they are easy to work with except on the seat.Little bit of effort is required there! :)
It's a good thing that there were some spare P E discs on the sheet as I have a few floating around in the zone of missing parts.
Steve