Porsche 911 SC 1984 Rally Valeo (1/24)

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Tyrrell
Spain

Re: Porsche 911 SC 1984 Rally Valeo (1/24)

Post by JesusM »

parklaneworks wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:36 pm Amazing! Very cool to see all the detail you are adding! It is a joy to follow this WIP
Happy you like it!!! :D

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Mas novedades en este proyecto con avances por todos los frentes: motor, habitáculo, capó, carrocería… En la parte trasera, el coche tiene una rejilla por donde el kit viene hueco, y en vez de taparlo, iba a recrear lo que hay, que parece un ventilador de entrada de aire dirijido a las trompetas de admisión. Lo dejé a falta de lijar y detallar un poco. Le he puesto unos aros en la parte del ventilador y una tira de plástico horizontal alo largo de todo el contorno, ya que la parte superior es una taba, que se encaja. Aquí os dejo la pieza, como queda situada en el coche, como se ve, y finalmente, la pieza ya pintada:

More news in this project with advances on all fronts: engine, passenger compartment, bonnet, bodywork… At the rear, the car has a grille where the kit comes hollow, and instead of covering it, I was going to recreate what is there, which looks like an air intake fan directed to the intake trumpets. I left the piece in my previous post to be sanded and detailed a bit. I put some rings on the fan part and a horizontal plastic strip along the entire contour, since the upper part is a slab, which fits into it. Here you can see the piece, as it is located in the car, as seen, and finally, the piece already painted:

Junto a esta pieza, también pinté varias piezas más del habitáculo como el salpicadero, volante, cambio de marchas, retrovisor (prestado del Lancia Stratos que es muy similar) y extintor, que va en rojo de DS Colors (las piezas negras están pintadas con Negro semi mate de Tamiya LP). Como véis, el salpicadero está listo para trabajarlo!!

Along with this piece, I also painted several other parts of the cockpit such as the dashboard, steering wheel, gearshift, rearview mirror (borrowed from the Lancia Stratos which is very similar) and fire extinguisher, which is in red from DS Colors (the black parts are painted with semi-matt black from Tamiya LP). As you can see, the dashboard is ready to work on!

También he puesto los cinturones a los asientos, que vienen en los fotograbados de Scalelab24. Estos irán fijados con tuercas de resina al chasis.

I have also put the belts to the seats, which come in the Scalelab24 photoetched parts. These will be fixed with resin nuts to the chassis.

Y también, antes de pasar a la carrocería, diversas piezas del capó, todas realizadas desde cero a scratch, estando entre ellas un depósito con sus tubos, la barra estabilizadora delantera con dos botes de líquido, y cables que van por el interior del capó. Y todas llevan sus tubos/cables.

And also, before moving on to the bodywork, various parts of the bonnet, all made from scratch, including a tank with its tubes, the front anti-roll bar with two cans of liquid, and cables that go inside the bonnet. And all of them have their tubes/cables.

Y ahora pasamos a la carrocería. Lo primero, y depsués de lijar toda la carrocería, la imprimamos con Tamiya directamente del spray. Sigue siendo muy buena imprimación!!

And now we move on to the bodywork. First of all, and after sanding the whole bodywork, we primed it with Tamiya directly from the spray. It’s still a very good primer!

Una vez seca, volvemos a lijar con grano 3000, y pintamos con blanco de DS Colors:

Once dry, we sand again with 3000 grit sandpaper and paint with DS Colors white:

Por supuesto, al mismo tiempo, he imprimado y pintado el resto de piezas que he separado de la carrocería. Con las puertas, tuve que lijar una vez después de imprimar, para reparar algunos desperfectos. Después hubo una segunda imprimación y finalmente la pintura blanca.

Of course, at the same time, I primed and painted the rest of the parts that I separated from the body. With the doors, I had to sand once after priming, to repair some damage. Then there was a second primer and finally the white paint.

Otras piezas preparadas: el capó y los faros auxiliares….

Other prepared parts: bonnet and auxiliary headlamps ….

…y el alerón trasero, que ya enmascaré y pinté de negro mate LP

…and the rear spoiler, which I have already masked off and painted matt black LP

Continuamos trabajando con este kit, con tres frentes: habitáculo, chasis con capó y los bajos, y carrocería, estando esta lista para enmascarar y pintar el azul Rothmans. Gracias por ver y comentar!!

We continue working with this kit, with three fronts: passenger compartment, chassis with bonnet and underbody, and bodywork, ready to be masked and painted in Rothmans blue. Thanks for watching and commenting!

Benigroom
F2
F2
Your Name: Robert
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Great Britain

Post by Benigroom »

I can only see the pictures if I open each individual image one at a time and open a new tab. gave up after 2 or 3 - haven't got that much spare time.

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Benigroom wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:34 am I can only see the pictures if I open each individual image one at a time and open a new tab. gave up after 2 or 3 - haven't got that much spare time.
Hi, i don't know why is happening because other foro's are working fine. I know taht other internet browsera are also working fine.... And if they works in a separated tab, it means that it works fine in the browser. Maybe tehre are permissions in F1M that are not allowing this pictures. I also can see them in my chrome.
Anyway, you can see them in my blog...if you want (http://blog.maquetea.com/)

Benigroom
F2
F2
Your Name: Robert
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Great Britain

Post by Benigroom »

Thanks Jesus, much better.

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Hi to all, there ia new update of this project. If you can't see the pictures, please check my blog.

Hola de nuevo. Seguimos con el Porsche y hoy os muestro el proceso de pintura de la carrocería con el color azul Rothmans de Number5, después de haber pintado con el blanco. Y lo primero es colocar las puertas y fijarlas para poder poner las máscaras:

Hello again. We continue with the Porsche and today I show you the painting process of the bodywork with the Rothmans blue colour from Number5, after having painted it with the white one. And the first thing is to place the doors and fix them to be able to put the masks:

Voy a usar las máscaras de Scalelab24, que son de vinilo gris semitransparente, que vienen muy bien para ver lo que hay debajo a la hora de ponerlas (las normales te impiden ver debajo). Pero no funcionan muy bien si las tienes que doblar, que es lo que me pasó a mi en los extremos de las puertas. También tengo que decir que recorté las curvas de la parte trasera para hacer la versión española del preparador Vara, cuyas franjas son del mismo ancho en todo su contorno, siendo más gordas en la versión que trae el kit como corresponde a la versión utilizada en Europa.

I’m going to use the Scalelab24 masks, which are made of semi-transparent grey vinyl, which are very good to see what’s underneath when you put them on (the normal ones prevent you from seeing underneath). But they don’t work very well if you have to bend them, which is what happened to me on the ends of the doors. I also have to say that I cut the curves of the rear part to make the Spanish version of the Vara preparer, whose stripes are the same width all around, being fatter in the version that comes with the kit, as it corresponds to the version used in Europe.

Y después de esa primera máscara, había que enmascarar el resto….largo trabajo sobre todo con las puertas y su hueco en la carrocería!!

And after that first mask, the rest had to be masked…. long work especially with the doors and their recesses in the bodywork!

El siguiente paso es la pintura azul de Number5. Le di 2 capas muy finas y las dos siguientes más húmedas. Fácil de aplicar y cubre muy bien!!

The next step is the Number5 blue paint. I applied 2 very thin coats and the next two more were wet coats. Easy to apply and covers very well!

Aquí os muestro la carrocería sin las máscaras. El resultado es bueno aunque algunos fallos han hecho que el azul pase al blanco, pero no es nada grave, que con un ligero paso de la lija se arregla!!

Here I show you the bodywork without the masks. The result is good although some mistakes have made the blue turn on to white, but it is nothing serious, with a light sanding it is fixed!!!

Vemos que las puertas, le puse una máscara para mantener el blanco como base del número del coche, por si la calca dejaba pasar el azul de la base.

We can see that I put a mask in the doors to keep the white as the base of the number of the car, in case the decal let the blue of the base go through.

En estas fotos os muestro el fallo más importante donde el azul pasó la máscara…Pulsad en la foto para ver en grande!!

In these pictures I show you the most important failure where the blue passed the mask…Click on the picture to see it bigger!!!

Y ahora, unas fotos van las puertas superpuestas..cerradas y abiertas!!

And now, some photos of the overlapping doors… closed and open!

Esto es todo por hoy. EN el próximo, creo que irá todo lo de las calcas. Gracias por ver y comentar.

That’s all for today. In the next one, I think it will be all about the decals. Thanks for viewing and comenting.

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

The forms of the Porsche seem to be difficult to mask. Very good Job, keep 'em comin'!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

vekkuli wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:40 am The forms of the Porsche seem to be difficult to mask. Very good Job, keep 'em comin'!
Happy you like it!! :D

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Hi to all. Due to the problems in some cases to see my pictures, I will not continue this project here. Please check my blog if you want to follow this process.
Apologies!

http://blog.maquetea.com/

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

I'm so sorry to hear that :| .