WIP: Two Williams FW14Bs (Early & Late Season) with Top Studio & TVF1 details sets

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

SanMarino
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ventisette Rosso
Canada

Re: WIP: Two Williams FW14Bs (Early & Late Season) with Top Studio & TVF1 details sets

Post by SanMarino »

Great work. Really enjoying it and learning from it, as I will be building mine in the near future.
seamus wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:49 am
As I mentioned the seat will be a removable two part piece as per the 1:1 car and my initially dry fitting tests seem to show it will work fine - I'll use magnets to help keep everything in place, and the same for the nose cone too.
I like this. Would it be possible at some point in time to share some images of this.

Thank you.

Topic author
seamus
Team Owner
Team Owner
Your Name: Sean
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Great Britain

Re: WIP: Two Williams FW14Bs (Early & Late Season) with Top Studio & TVF1 details sets

Post by seamus »

Well now, where to start... where does time disappear to? It feels like I've almost forgotten where the bench is lately, but safe to say that I'm happy that 2023 is done and 2024 will bring better times & a new challenge. I have many, many things to be thankful for but wow the last six months have been testing which I won't bore you all with here. But right now I'd happily take permanent retirement... willingly, I love my job but the modern world, society and attitudes we now live in is getting increasingly difficult to get my head around, it seems we all know it too and yet we continue to fall down the ever deepening hole like lemmings. I'll happily take letting all this bollox be someone else's problem and while away the hours spending much more of my time at the bench of happiness (with the odd minutes of mind numbing photo etch frustration) :roll:

So the double Williams build... well it got finished (and rushed :-() to get them both ready for Telford which meant updates didn't really appear anywhere apart from the odd one on my FB page, so my apologies to those following along here. I wish I'd hadn't rushed them now, the paintwork could have been better and I had some angry moments with the Museum Collection 'Camel' decals. More lessons firmly learnt there. That said my mate from our model club (Tangmere Scale Modellers) was absolutely delighted with his Patrese '6' car, which I guess is the most important thing. Mine is still in a box awaiting a display case but it will eventually sit in the living room, annoying the better half I'm sure :lol:

Here are a few pictures and I plan to take some better finished pics this week. The video build is still running and I have many hours still left to upload, that's also something I hope to improve and develop more, although a little time consuming (especially editing) it is kinda fun.

May I wish you all a very very very happy 2024, enjoy our hobby as much as you can. And for those of you who are retired, then well done you, you lucky b@*%$"ds :lol:
Attachments
DSC00712.JPG
DSC00711.JPG
DSC00710.JPG
DSC00709.JPG
DSC00708.JPG
DSC00702.JPG
410151814.jpg
411138377.jpg
398775504.jpg
IMG_6306.jpg
Last edited by seamus on Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
seamus
Team Owner
Team Owner
Your Name: Sean
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Great Britain

Post by seamus »

... last few pics :-)
Attachments
380833383.jpg
386591974.jpg
387792603.jpg
387076352.jpg
387812595.jpg
DSC00698.JPG
DSC00717.JPG
DSC00716.JPG
DSC00714.JPG
DSC00713.JPG

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Very nice and clean work on both models, good job!
Take a stand!

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

Fantastic !