Topic author
Corpsegrinder
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Italy

Andrea Moda documentary at Venice Film Festival

Post by Corpsegrinder »

Probably some of you might have already heard about the unthinkable project of 3 Italian blokes having just completed a documentary (docufilm they call it) about Andrea Moda and what's more is that it will projected for the very first time on 1st September at Excelsior Hotel in Venice for the Venice Film Festival where the three producers will epxlain to the world what it's all about and why they choose to tackle such an odd subject.

The producers come from the same area of Andrea Sassetti and they all are involved in TV production business, despite not being big F1 fans one day they were having a chat recalling those times when this "shoe maker" with lot of money used to run his F1 car down the streets of the industrial area of their hometown...that's apparently how it all started and their four year monumental job among the others included hunting down the people of the team first mostly locals, and others generally involved with Andrea Moda Team in 1992, such as drivers who were interviewed along with whoever had a story to tell about the team...Mansell had his say too!
Andrea Sassetti driving F1 car.jpg
Hope it will be a good one, after Venice Festival they will announce where it will be broadcasted on TV as there were speculations about Netflix or similar, but surely it will be interesting to watch Andrea Sassetti tell his side of the story rather than others telling their own version.
The Last and Furious.jpg
"In my days, the drivers used to go out after a race and chase girls. These days, they thank Vodafone" - Sir Stirling Moss

Topic author
Corpsegrinder
Top Designer
Top Designer
Italy

Re: Andrea Moda documentary at Venice Film Festival

Post by Corpsegrinder »

An update on this documentary about Andrea Moda if anyone's interested.
It is going to be shown on Vimeo in 3 episodes, each one will cost € 6.5 and can be watched unlimited times over a period of 24 hrs.
I have personally been to its première at the theatre in the small town where Andrea Moda Formula was located in 1992 and had the pleasure to meet and shake hands to Mr. Sassetti himself. I loved the show and would strongly recommend to any F1 fan especially from that era. I knew already few facts but a lot of those screamers on the papers at the time were not true in the slightest. Here's the Facebook notice from the guys who produced this very unusual but captivating documentary:

https://www.facebook.com/lastandfurious

Few pictures I took at the event, at the theatre entrance they had some items belonging to the team on display, including the overalls and crash helmet of Andrea Sassetti (he got the overalls from Paolo Coloni).
IMG_20231001_170844s.jpg
IMG_20231001_170829s.jpg
IMG_20231001_170811s.jpg
IMG_20231001_170402s.jpg
IMG_20231001_171233s.jpg
"In my days, the drivers used to go out after a race and chase girls. These days, they thank Vodafone" - Sir Stirling Moss

Jeff
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Jeff »

very cool that you met Andrea himself! Can't wait to see this documentary

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

I've been following it for a while now too. Of course also out of the interest of my own project in the past. ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing it too.
I'm particularly excited to see whether the image documentation will also be available for purchase.
Greetings Thomas

Topic author
Corpsegrinder
Top Designer
Top Designer
Italy

Post by Corpsegrinder »

steinietrabi wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:55 am I've been following it for a while now too. Of course also out of the interest of my own project in the past. ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing it too.
I'm particularly excited to see whether the image documentation will also be available for purchase.
The photos that the producers gathered during the production of the documentary are mostly from private collections so I doubt they can be purchased, but they are thinking of making a photo album available to all to purchase. I guess you know since you're following their Facebook page. € 100 might be too much but cut another 20/30 euros and I'd be up for it too.
About the footage used to make the documentary I was just flabbergasted when one of the producers was telling the audience before the screening of the movie, that it costed USD 20000 per minute to purchase it and use it commercially, but thanks to the intervention of Stefano Domenicali the tag price was brought down a lot which made possible the making of this documentary.

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

I could now also see the documentation.
What a great film for any Formula 1 fan of those years and the story of Andrea Moda!
I really regret that I didn't already have some pictures and video footage from the film to create the model...
But it's definitely worth seeing!!!
Greetings Thomas