MFH 1/12 Sauber C9

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Re: MFH 1/12 Sauber C9

Post by CK »

Hi Hugo,

The C9 looks great!

The silver paint looks very smooth and even. It is not easy to paint metallic silver to be so even. The engine details look very real.
C K
Canada

Topic author
Hugeprong
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Hugo Pring
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Great Britain

Re: MFH 1/12 Sauber C9

Post by Hugeprong »

It was a super model to build and I am grateful for such nice messages. Thank you..

Although I have a "day job" I do find that these MFH models are really fascinating projects and I think with each one, I "tune into" how to approach them a little better. I just wish I could have had as much experience when I did my 917K and my 956 a few years ago.

I have picked up so many tips from this Forum and so many wonderful reference photos as well. Seeing how well other people have done a particular car is a real inspiration I find - and it certainly was with this C9.

My first ever MFH project was about 10 years ago - the Tyrrell 007 Transkit with a P34 Tamiya kit. I am really ashamed how rubbish it is when I look at it now. (The back wheels are at an odd angle and the fronts are hanging off altogether!)

As MFH have reissued this, I have taken the plunge and bought it again as I think the 007 is a great looking car and I am intrigued to see how much better I can make it second time around! I will try and do a better job of doing a WIP thread when I get started on that.

(This said, if I had known that the MP4/5 was coming out a few weeks later, I might have held onto my cash!)

Thank you again

HUGO

www.hhms.info
Instagram; @theplasticplodder