1:12 Mercedes W11, F1 75, MCL23 not joking!

For all F1 scale model news...

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

1:12 Mercedes W11, F1 75, MCL23 not joking!

Post by JamesB »

Wow I must admit I am overwhelmed by those. And happy.
Because I just bought two of them, the Ferrari and the Merc :D
I don´t have them yet, but honstly they look really good. The Mac also.
I´ll be getting them in a week or so,so expect more details and pics (not necessarily better but in flesh)
These are Rastar- Mondo Motors RC cars, and available at shops in some countries, and reaily thru Amazon and Aliexpress at least. Cost of kinda 70eu looks really good for me.
They seem feasibly convertible to nice models, easier than the latest batch from New Ray, Majorette, XQ that covered Alonso´s cars from 2005 to 2014, then a RBR and some mid 2000s Ferraris.
Anyway, three nice current F1s at nice 1:12 :D :D
Anyone of you have come across any of them.
Here are the official pics...

How good I oredered them yesterday and saturday, since today is not a really happy day here (don´t ask, why!!! :lol: :lol: )
and this is a bit of a consolation, can´t wait to have them.
What you think?
BR
James

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Re: 1:12 Mercedes W11, F1 75, MCL23 not joking!

Post by stubeck »

This is really cool! Gets you about 80% of the way to what we want, and then the fun parts of modeling gets us the rest of the way. Excited to see what they look like in real life.

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

stubeck wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:38 am This is really cool! Gets you about 80% of the way to what we want, and then the fun parts of modeling gets us the rest of the way. Excited to see what they look like in real life.
Me too! :D
The two pics of the Ferrari on the shelf are from a buyer, posted in the reviews at aliexpress, so consider those quite revealing.
I think they´ll look impressive on a shelf straight from the box, provided you have one deep enough :lol: :lol:
But some work on the suspensions will make them look as a "real" model.
One VERY interesting thing I expect to be true is the separate additional decal (read "stickers") sheet. I suppose they are planned assuming an RC car has a tough, furniture banging life, but will be fantastic for anyone wanting to repaint, filling seams...
BTW a question for the experts... could the MCL36 be turned easily into a Red Bull or something?
more pics of the Macca

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Post by CK »

They look very nice. With some work, they should all look beautiful as a static model.

One thing is that the W11 width seems to be too wide. For 2020 F1, the maximum width of car shall be 2000mm, which is 16.67cm in 1/12 scale. 2000mm is definitely for the width of the front wing. The tyres can stick out beyond 2000mm but not the rims.
C K
Canada

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

I received them today even if bought on different platforms :D
All I can say now is they are really nice, well and done and would make a nice presence on a (big and deep) shelf.
Will post pics tomorrow