HELP!! CROMAGNON COMPUTER MAN DID IT AGAIN!

Post away...

f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Re: HELP!! CROMAGNON COMPUTER MAN DID IT AGAIN!

Post by f1m »

I generally don't rely on small USB flash drives as they are notoriously unreliable. I do have an SSD based USB drive that I use to move large files from one computer to another as its faster than Wifi.

Like this one >> https://www.westerndigital.com/products ... 00ABL-WESN

I do not store any important files on these drives though... I have a Synology NAS drive to store files and as a second backup for my Mac >> https://www.synology.com/en-us/products/DS418. These are fault tolerant - if a single drive fails, it can be replaced with no data loss.

I also have an online backup through Backblaze.

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Thanks Eric! :D That´s quite elaborated and useful information.
So my temptation to use the half TB USB is quite risky, thanks for telling. So far I had not had great problems with USB drives but it seems that you cannot fit a battleship power into a canoe size without some trouble.
Yes, thanks I have a nice SSD. I´ll rely on that.
Anyway the thing is about something that is readable from an Iphone. Maybe the online storage from the iphone is an idea too.
Big thanks, Dr. E! :D

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

I use OneDrive for my storage to sync between devices. Its all online, Microsoft backs it up, and its easy to access. I've been using it for over a decade with no issues. I bundle it with an Outlook premium account and the latest Office version for a few family members as well for less than $100 a year.