Lancia Stratos 1979 J Bagration – Hasegawa (1/24)

Finished models...

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Tyrrell
Spain

Lancia Stratos 1979 J Bagration – Hasegawa (1/24)

Post by JesusM »

Doy por concluido este proyecto, dando mi opinión personal acerca de la maqueta, materiales y procesos que han intervenido.

I conclude this project, giving my personal opinion about the model, materials and processes that have intervened.

Este proyecto lo empecé para hacer un trabajo rápido, sin muchos detalles, pero no para que fuera un juguete: para que saliera un modelo real. Y lo primero que vi fue lo mal que encaja el chasis en la carrocería. Decir que este fallo lo tiene en común con el Lacia Delta, ya que en ambos casos, Hasegawa da a entender que hay que abrir la carrocería para encajar el chasis. Lo intenté arreglar al principio cortando parte del chasis, pero al final, el protector del habitáculo detrás de los asientos, hace que se tenga que abrir la carrocería para meter el chasis. Para la próxima, tendré que revisarlo de nuevo. El resto del kit está bien y muy resultón, aunque usé las llantas de aluminio de Studio27, muy bien realizadas. Decir que las calcas, al ser un coche de hace muchos años, no estaban todos los logos conforme a la realidad incluyendo el parasol, que estaba mal dimensionado, con lo que tuve que arreglarlo por mi cuenta. De los procesos, decir que me faltó aplicar una capa más gorda de laca, para que al pulirla, tuviera cantidad suficiente puesto que lijé de más y salieron puntos del color negro de la carrocería. Esto es otro dato para tener en cuenta la próxima vez (de todo se aprende). Las pinturas, imprimación, laca…todo fue bien cumpliendo las expectativas. La pintura de las ruedas con su sombreado, los asientos, el cambio de las salidas de escape, o la tapa de los faros auxiliares que se acopla con imanes, le dan un toque muy real al conjunto.

I started this project to do a quick job, without many details, but not to do a toy: It had to be a real car. And the first thing I saw was how badly the chassis fits into the body. To say that this failure has it in common with the Lacia Delta, since in both cases, Hasegawa implies that the bodywork must be opened to fit the chassis. I tried to fix it at first by cutting part of the chassis, but in the end, the passenger compartment protector behind the seats means that the bodywork has to be opened to insert the chassis. I’ll have to check it again next time. The rest of the kit is fine and very successful, although I used Studio27 aluminum rims, very well made. To say that the decals, being a car from many years ago, not all the logos were in accordance with reality, including the sun visor, which was poorly sized, so I had to fix it on my own. About the processes, I must say that I needed to apply a thicker layer of lacquer, so that when polishing it, I would have enough quantity since I sanded too much and black dots came out of the body. This is another piece of information to take into account next time (we ahve to learn from everything). The paints, primer, lacquer…everything went well, meeting expectations. The paint on the wheels with their shading, the seats, the change in the exhaust outlets, or the cover for the auxiliary headlights that attaches with magnets, give the whole a very real touch.

Pero vamos con las fotos. En la entrada anterior, le faltaba la antena (de plástico estirado), el limpiaparabrisas (de un fotograbado), las faldillas de las ruedas (hechas con lata de refresco) y las fijaciones del capó trasero, realizadas por DAB models, en resina con mucha precisión. Aquí os muestro las piezas antes de pintar y ya pintadas. La ultima foto es de las fijaciones de DAB models, pintados con alumino de Zero y un poco de Panel Liner negro de Tamiya.

But let’s go with the photos. In the previous entry, it was missing the antenna (stretched plastic), the windshield wiper (from a photo-etch), the wheel skirts (made with soda can) and the rear hood fixings, made by DAB models, in resin that are very precise. Here I show you the pieces before painting and already painted. The last photo is of the DAB models bindings, painted with Zero aluminum and some black Tamiya Panel Liner.

Y ya, sin esperar más, las fotos del modelo terminado. Primero, el coche con los faros tapados y sin tapar. Es una buena solución usar imanes!!

And now, without waiting any longer, the photos of the finished model. First, the car with the headlights covered and uncovered. It is a good solution to use magnets!!

Otras fotos generales:

Another general pictures:

Si bajamos el punto de vista, parece un coche real!!

If we lower the point of view, it looks like a real car!!

Y ahora, detalles de la maqueta. Vemos las faldillas, los cierres, las llantas….

And now, details of the model. We see the skirts, the closures, the tires….

Ahora a por el siguiente, que puedo decir que es otro coche de rally!! Gracias por ver y comentar!!

Now for the next one, which I can say is another rally car!! Thanks for viewing and commenting!!

MarcoSaupe
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: HHF
Germany

Re: Lancia Stratos 1979 J Bagration – Hasegawa (1/24)

Post by MarcoSaupe »

Very nice work, especially on the Details!

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Nice job Jesus, only some tiny flaws like the massive antenna and the front headlights which hang down on one side.
The rest of the car is looking good, like the details!
Take a stand!

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

Very good looking Stratos :) .

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Post by CK »

Well, it is a very good looking Stratos. I like the green colour. It is not a very common color for cars. All your effects in adding details to the kit pay off. They make the car look much better.

I don't know what green color you use. If it is a gloss paint, you can think about polishing the color coat to a good degree before putting the clear coat on. It will be much easier to fix a polish through with the base color coat.

Looking forward to see your next model.
C K
Canada

PJE
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
United States of America

Post by PJE »

Absolutely a beautiful build of one of my favorite kits. I was not familiar with this particular car, but I love the scheme. Can you tell me the source of the decals you used? So far I haven’t had any luck finding them.

Paul Erlendson

marlborored
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Senna; Lotus, Clark
United States of America

Post by marlborored »

Great looking build!!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

MarcoSaupe wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:32 am Very nice work, especially on the Details!
Thanks MArco!!! :D

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

gp-models wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:51 am Nice job Jesus, only some tiny flaws like the massive antenna and the front headlights which hang down on one side.
The rest of the car is looking good, like the details!
Happy you like it. Yes, sometimes the process don't go well.....but just to let you know, that the antenna of this car was different than the oficial ones:
And yes, the mine one is a bit bigger but not too much! :wink:

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

vekkuli wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:35 am Very good looking Stratos :) .
Thanks!!!