Who will win the 2023 Australian Grand Prix?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:55 am

Verstappen
53%
Perez
5%
Alonso
21%
Sainz
No votes
Hamilton
11%
Russell
11%
Stroll
No votes
Leclerc
No votes
Bottas
No votes
Ocon
No votes
Someone Else
No votes

Total votes: 19

Topic author
f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by f1m »

Been pre-occupied with work this week so I'm late...

E

PTR
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams & Ligier
United States of America

Re: Who will win the 2023 Australian Grand Prix?

Post by PTR »

Max drove from 15 to 2nd in Saudi. So short of the car breaking he must be favored.

PTR
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams & Ligier
United States of America

Post by PTR »

I would like to see Alonso on top step of the podium at some point this year.

Seiiki
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Fangio
Canada

Post by Seiiki »

Red Bull way too quick. Even though Checo had nothing but problems all through out Melbourne. I am sure that he would be at least Second in no time..
Canice

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

That got a little too nascar for comfort.

Topic author
f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by f1m »

Well that sucked.

JM
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
Germany

Post by JM »

What a load of rubbish F1 has become. The world's supposedly best drivers seem not to be able anymore to manage a race start without incident (not only in Australia). From lap 2 onwards usually the safety car leads the field for some time. Any little incident, and be it a car rolling out in front of a place where it can be retrieved behind the safety barriers quickly albeit not in 5 seconds, seems to lead to the next safety car and bunches the field together again. Now the safety car is even replaced by a red flag and a following new standing start, leading to even more incidents, safety cars and red flags. We are not able anymore to finish the final lap of a race behind the safaty car or in VSC modus when required because this is no desirable way to finish it. But then we do a parade lap behind the SC to the finish? We have inconsistent punishments for comparable actions. We spice up the show with false or missapplied rule interpretations (see the final race of 2021) so that thoughts of manipulation of the World Championship are not far fetched. Or are the rules not clearly written? After the race we do not discuss racing (because ther is hardly any) but rule interpretations, incident handling and right or wrongful punishments. The final result after listening to all complaints and protests is declared 8 hours or so after the checkered flag.
It has no appeal to me anymore. And I haven't even started talking about the cars (which are plain ugly to me). My connection to F1 are more and more DVDs and Youtube videos of yesteryear and model cars of times gone by. Looking at a Lotus 49, a Ferrari 312T, a McLaren M23, a Williams FW07 or McLaren MP4/4 to name just a few iconic cars makes me just despice the aerodynamic overloaded chunks of today's cars even more. DRS, grid penalties for changed parts, .... I could go on even further.
Sorry for the ranting but I just had to let it out.

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

At the very least Sunday's race was confusing. After the 3rd restart I would have called the race instead of the having them do "1" lap.

Ffracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Paul
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Mercedes
United States of America

Post by Ffracer »

One of the worst yet......

The whole concept needs to change. The cars are uninteresting looking and overly technically complex. The rules are awful when a component failure takes you out of contention in the next race and the show is more important than real competition. The tracks are horrible. Street circuits need to go. I'm going back to watching recordings of the races in the 60s, 70s and 80s.....

cbk57
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Scott Huber
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Post by cbk57 »

I was very surprised to see the procedure followed for red flags and restarts at the end of the race. There needs to be a respect for how many laps are left and not orchestrate red flags just for the show. This is not NASCAR and it needs to be recognized the open wheel cars made of carbon fiber with stricter cost cap limits are not susceptible to being treated as NASCAR. The irony being if we want to turn things loose and create a show, the cost caps need to be dialed back to respect that we are going to have more crashes. In the end once there was an early red flag and every one got new tires it was off to being a pretty boring race.

It is pretty bad when you are not a ferrari fan and wish Ferrari would at least try to cheat. But that is where I am at, Ferrari looks inept, maybe they should try cheating again. Really what is the FIA going to do? Oh well onto the next race, was Mercedes improving or a fluke? We shall see. As it is the rules were written to make things more competitive and at the moment all the new rules have done is change the order of the front.