Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH44
Germany

Re: Villeneuve Pironi documentary

Post by scaleautofactory »

banzai wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:56 pm Go to https://myflixer.to

Type into the search box-->Villeneuve Pironi and click the search icon

Click on the movie--->then hit the play icon-->Enjoy.
Spam webpage as usual!

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

scaleautofactory wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:26 am

Spam webpage as usual!
No, but if you insist, you end up watching it.
BTW, I just finished watching it, and well, all I can say is...
WOW!!!!
I am really impressed. It´s extremely well done, it has some "RUSH" feeling to it, and I would say, without making spoilers, that bias is quite evenly balanced.
Later on I think I´ll say something about Imola.
Anyway, goosebumps granted if you´re a sixties child. A time capsule in many ways. And fantastic, previously unseen (at least for me) ootage.
BIG THANKS!!!! :D

Steffen_T
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by Steffen_T »

The earliest I can think of are Fittipaldi and Peterson at Monza 1973.
Emerson recently talked about it in a podcast.
You can hear the story at 33:36:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXWFPN7q2fU

JamesB wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:10 pm All in all a tremendous Hollywood blockbuster screenplay. They could make a great Rush-II with ´82 season.
By now I have read several times at various places what a great season 1982 would be for 'Rush-II', but honestly I am not sure if a 'Rush-II' on the 1982 season would work.
In Rush we only had two protagonists. Still they had to skip a few parts of the story, like Niki driving for March, or James being disqualified at Brands Hatch.

And now imagine the 1982 season:
- The conflicts between Gilles and Didier,
- and between Arnoux and Prost.
- The comeback of Niki.
- The sudden withdrawl of Reutemann.
- The incredible chance for Rosberg.
- Watson being runner up for the title.
- Another five drivers who won races as side characters (Yes, Nelson Piquet is a side character in this season despite being the World champion of 1981!)

There is so much story to tell, that you could easily get a movie longer then 'Grand Prix' from 1966, which was just focusing on four drivers. You rarely see such a long movie nowadays, so you would have to remove parts of the story.

You could surely do it, but the result would be compromised and those who know the story of the season would be dissapointed by the skipped content.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Steffen_T wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:54 am There is so much story to tell, that you could easily get a movie longer then 'Grand Prix' from 1966, which was just focusing on four drivers. You rarely see such a long movie nowadays, so you would have to remove parts of the story.

You could surely do it, but the result would be compromised and those who know the story of the season would be dissapointed by the skipped content.
You´re ABSOLUTELY right my friend :D so let´s raise the bet: a NETFLIX series!!! :wink:

Yes, I left myself to carried away but honestly the better Rush-II might be 1984, let alone 1988 for Rush III 8)
Besides yes, 82 would have too much drama (two deaths, one crippled driver) for a blockbuster, but a series, light sometimes, dark others, would be great. THera are some other sub plots: Mario-s comebcak, er, sorry, Mario´s TWO COMEBACKS, surely Paletti´s drama :cry: also Patrese´s big chance, THAT Monaco end of race... Tambay´s more than successful comeback, YES 11 different winners!!! The boycot at Imola, the water tanks, Piquet and Rosberg´s disqualification, 17 different podium visitors (gotta be the only time it´s more out of them that won than those who didn´t), last Chapman´s Lotus win.... OMG!

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH44
Germany

Post by scaleautofactory »

JamesB wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:43 am
scaleautofactory wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:26 am

Spam webpage as usual!
No, but if you insist, you end up watching it.
BTW, I just finished watching it, and well, all I can say is...
WOW!!!!
I am really impressed. It´s extremely well done, it has some "RUSH" feeling to it, and I would say, without making spoilers, that bias is quite evenly balanced.
Later on I think I´ll say something about Imola.
Anyway, goosebumps granted if you´re a sixties child. A time capsule in many ways. And fantastic, previously unseen (at least for me) ootage.
BIG THANKS!!!! :D
Muah - hope you use a inkognito browser modus - otherwise you help to produce traffic for other spam webpages...

ronnie1972
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by ronnie1972 »

The 1982 racing season as a whole was epic, besides the F1 season, we had the debut of Group C in sports car racing, a epic Indianapolis 500, the dawn of Group B in rallying, Franco Uncini’s magnificent 500cc title in a dramatic Moto GP season (which included the debut win for a young Freddie Spencer), etc. I was a twenty year old student at the University of Cincinnati with a 30 inch waist & a full head of hair, things have changed! Lol!

Topic author
bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

If it can be found, Chrstopher Hilton published a hard cover book about the 1982 season. Being as that was my first full season following F1, I have the entire GPI run ( twice ) and that book.