For all F1 scale model news...

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Re: Hachette F1 1/24th scale Championship models

Post by SBEST »

Ok. What is the quality of these cars compared to PMA or Sparks?

Has anyone seen one.

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

SBEST wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:29 am Ok. What is the quality of these cars compared to PMA or Sparks?

Has anyone seen one.
I have all of them. PMA and Spark do not make 1/24th F1 cars. These are much nicer than their 1/43rd models. I would suggest you buy the 1/24th IXO Lotus 72 from their website and see what you think. If you don't like that car look for the 1/24th Brabham BT46 or Lotus 78 on ebay. The nicest newer car I think is the Brawn 001. Like everything some are better than others.

That website I linked shows pretty good pictures of the models. They have plastic bottoms.

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Centauria from Italy newstand IXO Hachette 1/24th F1 coming models have an extension from 61 to 80. Some interesting cars and 8 more World Drivers champion cars. I like the extra odd cars such as the Arrows A2, Tyrell 011(I suspect Detroit) and Ligier JS 11. We also have 45 more of 60 Ferrari F1 1/24th models in the second Italian newstand series yet to be announced. That's alot of F1 Ferrari's in 1/24th scale!!

If you do not know how good the quality of these F1 models is you owe yourself a purchase of one. The last Brabham 1976 BT45 Martini model is stunning, although the real car was not very good.
By the way, Indycals and Pattos Place do make decals for alot of these cars in 1/24th scale if you want to change the race version. Decals and paint are almost perfect but extra decals are always handy to have.

Jordan 199 1999 Frentzen
Mercedes 2019 Gp germany Hamilton
Racing Point 2017 Perez
Red Bull 2022 Verstappen
Ferrari 2022 Gp Italia Leclerc
Lotus 25 1963 Clark
Cooper 1959 Moss
Mercedes 2022 Russell
Benetton B186 1986 Berger
Brabham Bt49 1981 Piquet
McLaren Mp4/8 1993 Senna
Ferrari F1-2000 Barrichello
Ligier JS 11 1979 Laffitte
Tyrrell 011 1982 Alboreto
Arrows A2 1979 Mass
Brabham Bt24 1967 Hulme
Maserati 250F 1957 Fangio
Ferrari SF-15T 2015 Vettel
Mercedes W05 2014 Hamilton

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Technically you can make 9 more World Driver champions with the latest 19 F1 cars if you convert the Moss Cooper to Brabham.

So far you can do 44 1/24th Driver Champion cars from this collection. The Ferrari collection will add the 1952, 1953, 1958, 1961, 1977 cars for a total of 49 cars so far in 1/24th scale.

I talked about the Driver Championship in 1/24th scale to IXO/Hachette(I really do not work for them) and they are receptive to the idea of completing the entire Drivers Championship model collection in 1/24th scale. What a great collection that will be!!! IXO 1/24th F1 models are around $35.00 to $40.00.

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Hachette News stand Italy released about a month ago the 1/24th scale BT44B 1975 Carlos Pace car. Now with the new Indycals you can also make the 1974 cars.

https://indycals.net/decals/f1/74brabhambt44.html

https://imgbb.com/LYQzHbg

Jeff
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Jeff »

The quality of these models looks to be very good - happy days for the 1/24 collector

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Post by CK »

I recently got the Mercedes W11 and Lotus 72D from Japan. They both look fine.

Unfortunately, the rear wing of the Lotus 72D is a bit skewed.

The quality of the models are reasonable but not very high. All mold seams can be seen on parts. The "FORD" logo on the DFV cam cover is only printed on not raised. The spark wires are also molded onto the cam cover. It will be better not even to have them. The quality is definitely not as good as plastic or resin kits.

On the other hand, people like me that want F1 cars in 1/24 scale they are still a very good choice. I paid Cdn 60 for each (including shipping) which is still very reasonable. A bit clean up work can really make the model looks good.

The Lotus 72D represents the car that won the Italian Grand Prix in 1972. However, no tobacco sponsor logo are on the model.

I have not had a close look at the W11 yet.

I will post some photos when I have time.
C K
Canada

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

CK that is a pretty good rundown but I would point out "Definitely not as good as plastic or resin kits" does not include Revell or Studio 27 F1 kits.

They are like a curbside Bellkits lite, as they have very good shapes, tires, wheels and the main parts are accurate including suspension, but the shocks and brakes should be replaced and details added. They glue alot of parts on as they try pretty hard to have all details included, so that makes the glue bomb disassembly harder. The bodies and paint are pretty hard to fault. I am removing just the decals on the BT44B to make the 1974 car for example and adding details to the suspension and engine. Yes the wires are a pain to remove but they did do an ok job on the FORD motors. By the way, the IXO version of the 72D is the British GP car and it is slightly better with double ring Firestone tires printed on and all tobacco sponsor decals. How many kits have that. The Italian newstand models also have tobacco sponsors in the box with a small decal included.

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Post by CK »

Mine is from Japan with a Japanese only magazine with no decal. Japan is quite strict on tobacco advertisement.

You are right about the plastic kit comparison. When I think about plastic kits, I always think about finished models. So, the mold lines would have all been cleaned up.

My 72D will look better once I have time to clean the mold lines and repaint those parts. A little bit polishing of the black paint will bring a much better look of it. I will fine the tobacco logos and add them on.
C K
Canada

Topic author
F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Hachette Italy added the Ferrari D50 to the 1/24th Ferrari collection for release in November. That now makes 50 World Drivers Champions that can be made with their models. I am collecting them all but my 1/24th Drivers Championship collection display will be the first 60 years from 1950 to 2009. With the help of FPPM Fernando Pinto and his 1954 W196, 1960 Cooper, 1962 BRM, 1964 Ferrari with a few duplicates and Hachette IXO you will be able to do I believe 51-52 of the first 60 by early next year.