Wizzie
Formula e
Formula e
Your Name: Wizzie
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Michael Schumacher
United States of America

Fujimi Tyrrell P34 1/20 Quesion

Post by Wizzie »

I just bought a Fujimi Tyrrell P34 in 1/20 scale. This is my first Fujimi F1 car how are they to build ?

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Re: Fujimi Tyrrell P34 1/20 Quesion

Post by bossy122 »

That was a very fun kit to build. Everything fit. All kits should be that good.

Hugeprong
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Hugo Pring
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Great Britain

Post by Hugeprong »

Tyre decals were strange for me at least. I just couldn’t get them to “release” properly. Maybe I was doing them wrong but the instructions were in Japanese only so I must have been doing something wrong.

There is no engine wiring but I am sure you could improvise in this area. Be wary of the side radiators and the cooling to the front wheels, both of which are very fragile. Tyres are much better than Tamiya but there is no seatbelt. I used a Tamiya 1/20 set.

Personally I think Fujimi sometimes over-complicate F1 kits so as to make them better to look at with bodywork removed. These days I prefer to build 1/20 F1 subjects curbside and leave the detailing to 1/12 kits. However if you have good eyes and plenty of patience you could use this as a detailing project. Studio 27 have just brought out a detailing set - a mere €150 at Spotmodel…

F1mechanic
Formula e
Formula e
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Netherlands

Post by F1mechanic »

The tyre decals took patience. And lots of water. I used a brush to make sure the tyre was wet then put decal with paper on the tyre and put so much water on the paper is was soaked. Then waited say a minute and then carefully removed the paper.
Since then it was 99% succesfull.