F1 News and Info

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo
Switzerland

Re: 1/12 MFH July 2022 news

Post by BMW »

There is a double page photograph in the Auto Union V16 book by Ian Bamsey which shows the rear tires of the Auto Union having the same double C pattern as the Mercedes Benz Continentals.
Currently building:
Alfa Romeo 159 (since 2021)
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

Topic author
sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Interesting point made on the MFH FB page that starting August 2022 they will revise their prices due to the higher prices for the raw materials.
Translated text from the page
Thank you for patronizing our products as usual.
This time around August 2022 we will be implementing a revised price of our products.
Due to the recent increase in prices of raw materials, we have worked hard to maintain prices through the company's efforts, but the price rise in material prices has increased rapidly, and it has become an irresistible situation.
For reasons like above, we will be revising the prices of our products.
We will make an announcement in the future as soon as the schedule of price revision is decided.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Please note as of August 2022, we will be adjusting the price of our products.
We have tried to continue providing our kits at the same cost, but due to the rising price of raw materials we have no choice but to increase the overall price for our products.
Specific changes to prices will be announced at a later date once we have finalized our schedule regarding the manner.
We hope to have your continued support in the future.
2022.07.06 Model Factory Hiro
The interesting thing is.. I have been checking the exchange rates of Dollar vs Yen and Euro vs Yen. And since about September last year the yen seems to be sliding. Dollar to Yen used to be 1:110, now is 1:135, Euro to Yen used to be 1:130 and has peaked recently at 1:142ish (with it falling again this week). So I was wondering if that change in exchange rates would result in lower prices (in particular in the US). But then again there is also the matter of increased shipping costs where a shipping container from China to here is now several times as expensive as it used to be until maybe a year or two ago, so that's gotta add something to the resale prices.
Last time I was in Japan (October 2007) the Euro to Yen was at 1:168 and at that time I wasn't into MFH kits... bummer :)
Cheers,
Roman

danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by danibear »

sky1911 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:39 am Interesting point made on the MFH FB page that starting August 2022 they will revise their prices due to the higher prices for the raw materials.
Translated text from the page
Thank you for patronizing our products as usual.
This time around August 2022 we will be implementing a revised price of our products.
Due to the recent increase in prices of raw materials, we have worked hard to maintain prices through the company's efforts, but the price rise in material prices has increased rapidly, and it has become an irresistible situation.
For reasons like above, we will be revising the prices of our products.
We will make an announcement in the future as soon as the schedule of price revision is decided.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Please note as of August 2022, we will be adjusting the price of our products.
We have tried to continue providing our kits at the same cost, but due to the rising price of raw materials we have no choice but to increase the overall price for our products.
Specific changes to prices will be announced at a later date once we have finalized our schedule regarding the manner.
We hope to have your continued support in the future.
2022.07.06 Model Factory Hiro
The interesting thing is.. I have been checking the exchange rates of Dollar vs Yen and Euro vs Yen. And since about September last year the yen seems to be sliding. Dollar to Yen used to be 1:110, now is 1:135, Euro to Yen used to be 1:130 and has peaked recently at 1:142ish (with it falling again this week). So I was wondering if that change in exchange rates would result in lower prices (in particular in the US). But then again there is also the matter of increased shipping costs where a shipping container from China to here is now several times as expensive as it used to be until maybe a year or two ago, so that's gotta add something to the resale prices.
Last time I was in Japan (October 2007) the Euro to Yen was at 1:168 and at that time I wasn't into MFH kits... bummer :)

I would just using USD to buy Yen as much as I can if you are talking about making money........ why bother buy MFH and think about resale to make some “cents”? Liquidity and “wear out” are as critical as price diff if you are talking about money making.

Off topic here.....

Topic author
sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Um Dani, I'm not talking about making money here. I'm talking about (theoretically) getting kits for less due to exchange rates given the current exchange rates. In particular for you guys in the US kits could have been significantly cheaper over the past 9 months due to the exchange rate difference of about 25%. Theoretical example:

Say in September a kit would have been 110.000 yen that would have put it at around $1000 (exchange rate $ to Y of 1 to 110).
Same kit now would still be 110.000 yen, but that would put it at $815 with yeterday's exchange rate of $ to Y of 1 to 135). So 185 bucks less than 9 months ago.
Depending on the way your import duties and taxes and what not are working, the tax would also be less than in September making the kit even cheaper (in theory).
But as said, at the same time, the shipping costs went up a lot... so maybe those ate up the difference.

Meh. Just checked my bank account (apparently) for the first time since April and Type C is a go. And again, I'm not buying kits to sell them. Actually I think over the past two decades I've sold two things - from my other hobby (computer parts). Other than that I usually keep what I buy ;)
Cheers,
Roman

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

These are very impressive products they manage to roll out each month. No kidding on “factory”....!!

No hope of keeping up with all of them, but the variety does mean over a year there is something for everyone.
Happy days.

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

I received the 1/12th Hiro 333SP today. Looking it over now. I pre ordered it direct from the manufacturer.

tifosi157
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by tifosi157 »

got it already? I just got the invoice today.....

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

tifosi157 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:09 pm got it already? I just got the invoice today.....
Yep, but I ordered before they announced it was a 333SP, so maybe the first order for it :) They do give a great deal for pre orders. I really hope they do a few more versions. I love that Olive Garden and the Scania and racing for Belgium Lemans Aero cars.

tifosi157
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by tifosi157 »

I did "preorder" but not as early as you did.lol ....I did get a good deal on it. Hope this is a good one. been waiting for awhile.