For all F1 scale model news...

Fast289back
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Wolf
Canada

Re: Finally FW14B detail set

Post by Fast289back »

Cool……..of course I just placed an order at HLJ a few weeks ago to take advantage of a 5% off coupon. All sets were on back order so if the super set comes in cheaper I’ll just cancel one order and place another. :D

jaymtford
Midfield
Midfield

Post by jaymtford »

According to the RenaultSport website. The RS4 engine was first used at the 1992 Hungarian GP and all races after that. So what race you want to model will determine the engine type needed.
Icon_Modeler wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:33 pm So Top Studio has finally announced that they will be releasing the all inclusive version of this trans kit. Meaning all of the sets combined into one kit. They are going to release two different versions to cover the two different engine options they have created. My questions is what is the significance of each of the engine options. I'm trying to figure out which of the two options I would like to purchase.

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Thanks Jason!!

Maybe one of each is in order?? I always thought the early pre-Camel livery was kind of cool. And then a late season version as well.

Fastback, Mac has a preorder price of just over $400 after his 10% Pre-order discount. Not sure what you are paying from HLJ. Don't forget to consider shipping as well.
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Joaquin
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Joaquin
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapman's Lotus
Spain

Post by Joaquin »

jaymtford wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:17 am According to the RenaultSport website. The RS4 engine was first used at the 1992 Hungarian GP and all races after that. So what race you want to model will determine the engine type needed.
That's right. This means that eight victories of Mansell were got using the RS3C, and only one with the RS4. If you prefer the car driven by Patrese, the RS4 is the one to choose. Below you have a list of all races of FW14B

https://www.statsf1.com/es/williams-fw14b.aspx

jaymtford
Midfield
Midfield

Post by jaymtford »

Derek, are you referencing the white airbox version? If so that is the early season FW14 from 1991. I am pretty sure all of the 1992 liveries looked the same (yellow airbox with Camel logos), with the exception of non-tobacco races.
I think you can save some $ just buying one detail set :D
Icon_Modeler wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:07 pm I always thought the early pre-Camel livery was kind of cool. And then a late season version as well.

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Thanks Guys!!

Yes it will ne one of each then for me, I do like the little Italian!!

Thanks Jason, I wasn't sure if the white airbox car was a 14 or 14B. I only remembered that ACE offered a kit in 1/20th that could be used for the white airbox car.
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Inuyasha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Germany

Post by Inuyasha »

How the RS4 engine was used in that season was discussed a few pages before, it not only run from Hungary till the end of season, it was also used several times before in Qualifying too.

Bully7
Spectator
Spectator
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nigel Mansell
Great Britain

Post by Bully7 »

maw2717 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:44 pm Hi Malc,
Thanks for the info, do you by chance have a photo of where they attach to the gearbox?

Regards
Mark
Did you find out where these went, I was also confused at the lack of instructions to what came off them are where they go. If you found out could you let me know please much appreciated

Chinamalc
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by Chinamalc »

The oil cooler lines go in to the rear of the trans casing between the wing supports, just two steel pipes bent through 90deg and a fitting on each end.

PS, be nice if you would post some WIP pictures!

M.

Bully7
Spectator
Spectator
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nigel Mansell
Great Britain

Post by Bully7 »

So you have to make your own holes for them to go into? I’ve got the complete Top Studio detail up kit, thought it might of shown you on their instructions but doesn’t.