Anyone interested in building an authentic Lego F-1 Car that works?

Post away...

Topic author
Seiiki
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Fangio
Canada

Anyone interested in building an authentic Lego F-1 Car that works?

Post by Seiiki »

Just something a little bit different other than just doing detailed modelling stuffs. Anyone here who would like to do something a wee bit different, with Lego? At the very least, no glue, no paint, no mess, just follow a bunch of instructions and you got a 1:5 OR 1:8 huge F-1 Car that the steering works, engine that piston moves and pretty real with decals (no waterslide for potential cracking, solvents, cotton swabs, hair dryers, order for duplicates just in case and crying when they dissolve right in front your eyes .....)

I watched a video by a Dutch Lego Expert for a Mclaren M23 Speed Build, it was the best of both worlds. The TECHNIC portion which the engine pistons work and steerable front, plus the realism of the real model and a huge scale as well. For those who does not have a lot of space or cannot afford that much for such huge kits. (Yes, Lego is ridiculous when a Titanic kit sells for $899.99 CAD at your local Lego Store.) A duplicated smaller 1:27 Scale of the collection is also available. This YouTube video of the 1:8 scale was right there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWkBwBjrjIs

Then he described that he ordered the instructions from RoscoPC.it. His name is Luca Rusconi, an Italian engineer by trade (Is that even a surprise hahaha? :wink: ) Then I looked into his website and was blown away with the variety of the F-1 kits he created using Lego. From the classic Lotus 43, Matra MS-80, Brabham BT52, Toleman TG184, Ferrari 126C2, Mclaren MP4-4 and so on. I believed that if you are interested, you need to buy his instructions and decals, then go to Brink link.com (now owned by Lego) for the Lego and Technic pieces to built it yourself.

Here is his website. Pretty amazing and looks really good on the shelf.

https://www.roscopc.it/

Also an amazing interview from an Italian Lego Enthusiast Group on Mr. Rusconi himself. Some of his ideas and using latest computer modelling to design his Formula-1 Lego kits are just unreal.

http://www.clvlug.it/2021/02/19/quattro ... Jz_92hTtBw

Please let me know what you think. Thanks for reading.
Canice

capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

Re: Anyone interested in building an authentic Lego F-1 Car that works?

Post by capri-schorsch »

I just started his Ferrari 312t in 1/8 scale.
It's a lot of fun to build this Lego car.
So i bought the parts for the actual Ferrari car of Carlos Sainz in 1/8 scale .
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Oh, some really neat cars. 15$ for the instructions to do the 126C2, add to that the cost of obtaining the bricks, but really awesome.
Cheers,
Roman

Topic author
Seiiki
Team Owner
Team Owner
Canada

Post by Seiiki »

sky1911 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:59 pm Oh, some really neat cars. 15$ for the instructions to do the 126C2, add to that the cost of obtaining the bricks, but really awesome.
Instructions are pretty good prices. However, ordering from Brick link. com (which is now owned by Lego) to order the parts are not exactly cheap at all. For example, if you want to get regular pieces from your local Lego Store. You pay $20 CDN (in my country) and they will give you a 600 to 650 ml capacity plastic cup to fill.

Then again, you can buy miscellaneous Lego pieces off a bag at a second-handed store. I learnt my lessons at spending $110 CDN for 3 big bags of Lego and have 40 percent of them being Mega-Bricks, K'Nex, or Lipin (Chinese knocked off Lego) pieces.

I would try to do some of them because it is very interesting. I did the Technic Senna GTR and the Tag Heuer Technic Formula e 2021 cars. While the mechanical works, but the overall shape and the simplistic details were not what I am looking for. If that's my criticism in a 1:14 to 1:18 scale for those 2 cars less than $50 CDN each (got both on sale rather than their regular $64.99 (Porsche) and $69.99 (Mclaren Senna GTR) retail prices. I would had second thoughts too. Honestly, their huge Ferrari, Bugatti and Lambo kits were too much and none had windows due to the open format of the Technic.

This have the best of both worlds. Some could even be motorized if you like. It looks so much better as a displayed model too. Very lifelike and unmistakably Lego.
Last edited by Seiiki on Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Canice

Topic author
Seiiki
Team Owner
Team Owner
Canada

Post by Seiiki »

capri-schorsch wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:31 pm I just started his Ferrari 312t in 1/8 scale.
It's a lot of fun to build this Lego car.
So i bought the parts for the actual Ferrari car of Carlos Sainz in 1/8 scale .
Please tell us how it is with the WIP. I am quite interested if it looks as great as that M23 speed built.
Canice