Re: Lotus 25, Lotus 72D, Zakspeed 189

Post by vekkuli »

Welldone 8) !

Steffen_T
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by Steffen_T »

I like all three of them, but especially the 72D.
As you say you have combined parts from the 72C and 72E, I wonder if you are still able to build another 72?
I could imagine you just used those additional flat sidepods and the radiators from the 72C. Or have you also used other parts?

Apart from that I like your detailwork with all the wires and hoses. Well done!

nsdias
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Nelson
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell p34
Brazil

Post by nsdias »

Perfeito Marcos!!! Parabéns

Topic author
smirkoff
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Post by smirkoff »

Thanks, obrigado, for all the kind words!!
Steffen_T wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:26 pm I like all three of them, but especially the 72D.
As you say you have combined parts from the 72C and 72E, I wonder if you are still able to build another 72?
I could imagine you just used those additional flat sidepods and the radiators from the 72C. Or have you also used other parts?
The monocoque, engine and sidepods (slightly modified) are from the 72C, the nose, rear wing main plane, oil tank, rear suspension, engine intake, front wheels and cockpit cowling are from the 72E. Most of the other small parts came from the 72C, except the parts I did by 3D printing or scratch, like the rear endplates. I bought a 72C, and managed to buy only the sprues I needed from the 72E through HLJ. This was a long time ago, unfortunately they don't do this service anymore (I miss Rainbow 10 a lot!!!). So from this build I don't have enough spare parts to do another 72. But I have another 72C and a 72E in the shelf, and I plan to build both in different versions than what is offered in the boxes.

My love for the 72 is half a century old... The 72D was the first model car I built, but not a plastic one. Just after Emerson won the 72 title, the Texaco gas stations here in São Paulo started to give a paper model of the 72D as a promotional gift. I was a kid, and trying to scale my memory of the built model in my then small hands, I would say it was about 1/12 to 1/14 in size.

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Post by CK »

All 3 models look great!

You effort on them really pays off! I like your creative ideas for new add-on parts. I have used thin nylon strings for braided hose and they look good.

I think a lot of modellers are in the same boat. I am one. I have quite a number of my models in half finish state because I have not find a solution for improvement but the process had already started and could not go back.

3D print will help me a lot when I have time to do it.
C K
Canada

fastbackfreddie
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alain Prost, Mark Webber, Daniel Ricciardo.
Australia

Post by fastbackfreddie »

Thats a lovely little group of models. I like them all.
The 72 looks particularly sharp.
When I was small lad in the mid 70's I had a T-shirt of Emmo and the 72 ... its long gone now, sadly :( .