Golden Acrylics

Beware of all the tiny parts...

For all posts related to 43rd scale models.

Topic author
WizardTim88
Spectator
Spectator
Your Name: Tim Schaewe
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Golden Acrylics

Post by WizardTim88 »

Hi, Everyone!

I'm rebooting my model shop after several years of inactivity. My previous work was done with either Testors enamels or Tamiya acrylics and clear coated with Future. For the next wave of building I'd like to stay with acrylics but I'm having a difficult time finding Tamiya paints locally (Denver, CO area). On the other hand, Mrs. Wizard is an artist who sometimes works with acrylics and so I have a vast supply of Golden Acrylic brand paints at my disposal. Has anyone out there used these for 1/43 white metal kits?

Thanks for your advice!

-Tim

P.S. I tried to attach a photo of my "recent" work (completed in 2006) but got a "file too large" error even though my JPG image is resized to 1MB. Is there a secret trick?

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Re: Golden Acrylics

Post by bossy122 »

With the image, try emailing it to yourself. Hotmail, at least, gives you the option to resize images before sending.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

THree things :D Well, the paints will depend on what primer you use... acrylics use to work well for small scales IMHO.
Second, another tip to upload images. Postimages.org allows you to upload them directly from your device, then linking them. As it wont be hosted at f1m, size won't be an issue, besides when you upload it to postinage, it gives the chance to resize it...

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Post by Orso »

1 MB is horribly large if yo try to look at them on a slow internet line.
I make my pictures 1200 pixels wide, it keeps them around 150 Kb in size.